Which Oxygen Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Oxygen Sensor?

I replaced the rear in my 2000 3.8 but now I have to replace the two that are upstream
    but I am unable to figure out which are for this car when I search on parts websites.
    This is what I get:

Platinum Tip 1-wire Flange-type Oxygen Sensor
    13CP2745T113
    Mfr. #21051
    Each
    $75.83
    $38.24
    In Stock. Will SHIP in 24 hours

Platinum Tip 1-wire Oxygen Sensor
    13CP2668X114
    Mfr. #21000-dup
    Each
    $67.64
    $33.99

Platinum Tip 3-wire Oxygen Sensor
    13CP2749N115
    Mfr. #23000
    Each
    $116.47
    $59.49

Standard Tip 1-wire Flange-type Oxygen Sensor
    81CP1611N116
    Mfr. #21050
    Each
    $64.09
    $32.29
    DOES ANYONE KNOW?
    THANKS
    Phil

Re: Which Oxygen Sensor?

easy solution: go to your local advance auto/autozone/whatever you have there and ask them for the upstream 02 for your year and he'll do the finding for you right there.

i just replaced my downstream for 60.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

they will not be helping me select from the on line selections of oxygen sensors
      Phil

Comment

ughhh, yeah, exactly. why buy something you're unsure of online when you can go to the auto store and have it in your hand right there within 5 mins?

all you need is a bosch upstream sensor which they carry in store...but if it's gotta be from online then you have fun with that.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
          ughhh, yeah, exactly. why buy something you're unsure of online when you can go to the auto store and have it in your hand right there within 5 mins?

all you need is a bosch upstream sensor which they carry in store...but if it's gotta be from online then you have fun with that.
          I would steer clear of Bosch sensors for these cars. They have a tendency to cause bad readings and make the car run funny. AC Delco or Denso are good brands that typically last. You can get them from RockAuto for a good price.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
            I would steer clear of Bosch sensors for these cars. They have a tendency to cause bad readings and make the car run funny. AC Delco or Denso are good brands that typically last. You can get them from RockAuto for a good price.
            Now if you could just direct me to a good wideband sensor to replace my bosch for my PLX setup we'd be great!

I'm just attesting to the Bosch is crap idea. I agree. I know my wideband is not accurate and I'm blaming my Bosch sensor. Don't worry, I know they're different from the stock upstream sensors but, the brands are the same.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
              Now if you could just direct me to a good wideband sensor to replace my bosch for my PLX setup we'd be great!

I'm just attesting to the Bosch is crap idea. I agree. I know my wideband is not accurate and I'm blaming my Bosch sensor. Don't worry, I know they're different from the stock upstream sensors but, the brands are the same.
              I'm speaking in terms of narrowband O2 sensors. From what I've seen, most PLX users are happy with their setup. The Bosch wideband should hold up unless you're running leaded fuel.
              Last edited by pace2006; 05-20-2009, 04:17 PM.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                I'm speaking in terms of narrowband O2 sensors. From what I've seen, most PLX users are happy with their setup. The Bosch wideband should hold up unless you're running leaded fuel.
                Well I probably f'd it up. I know the damn thing isn't accurate since the gauge reads somewhere around an "average" of 15.2-15.3 after the LTFT's have settled and the commanded is 14.7 Anyways, this isn't the right thread for this. V-power all the way.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

This is the only one I know of that doesn't use a Bosch sensor.

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/582
                  sigpic

Comment

I believe this one and maybe even the DynoJet brand can use other wideband sensors. FJO uses an NTK sensor.

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/WBAFR/
                    '99 Camaro
                    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Hey thanks Brian. Even if a bosch wideband is fine, my sensor still needs replaced. I think I'll try that out. Hopefully in a week or so.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

You might be able to use that brand sensor with your PLX controller. It does cost more then the Bosch.
                        sigpic

Comment

so exactly how quickly will the sensor go bad running leaded fuel, i've always wondered since i have access to 100LL, and its free :naughty:

Comment

Originally posted by gofastsports View Post
                            so exactly how quickly will the sensor go bad running leaded fuel, i've always wondered since i have access to 100LL, and its free :naughty:
                            See how far you get running AVGAS in a car tuned for 87 octane. I'm thinking your rubber parts and seals would go pretty quickly.

Off-topic, but pretty cool, some smaller and older civilian planes can run on unleaded 87 octane.
                            '99 Camaro
                            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                              You might be able to use that brand sensor with your PLX controller. It does cost more then the Bosch.
                              Yeah, it does say it works with the PLX SM-AFR. :tup:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X