New exhaust setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exhaust setup

i used to have some 2.5" rolled tips coming out the back, but i just couldnt stand the look of the tips, but being dumped under the car is too loud

so does anyone have any suggestions of tips that will look good on a camaro?

also has anyone done side exit exhaust? i dont think i have seen a camaro with it but i think it could look nice if done right, maybe something like this

Re: New exhaust setup

i too have been thinking of changing my exhaust.... not really into chrome tips. been thinking about an old NASCAR style exhaust.... but an exhaust shop owner told me that camaro's aren't made for that type of exhaust system...... i'll figure it out.... good luck with yours.

Comment

that pic. is of a Roush Mustang. to do something like that i think would make the pipes hang too low and hit over bumps. mustangs look more flat underneath than our cars do and use h-pipes not y-pipes. plus wound have to cross over the drive shaft with room for it to still move up and down as the rear axle goes over bumps as well.
      1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Comment

ya true, i was just trying to think of something more unique, i just dont like the way the regular tips look, i saw a pair of 4inch magnaflow tips for sale that looked pretty good

Comment

my borla tips are still up for grabs man, i'll cut you a deal since you've bought from me before if you're interested.
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

i pmed you

Comment

Side exit exhaust looks terrible on our cars, IMO. I have yet to see a clean setup that doesn't have ugly piping hanging under the body and in plain sight. Part of the reason cars like Mustangs are able to pull it off is because they have side skirts that flare out and hide the piping. Camaros have more of a tucked rocker panel that curves in toward the body. Even W68 Firebirds and Trans Ams would have to cut up their side skirts and hope that it would look good.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

ya i had just never seen one so i wondered what it would look like, im thinking of some 4" tips will look nicely out back, idk yet thought, still waiting on headers before i decide again

Comment

Ive always been a fan of the center exit on the 35th ann. ed. Its clean and different, Ive been thinking about doing the single exit like the one 6LE makes.

Comment

Originally posted by gofastsports View Post
                    Ive always been a fan of the center exit on the 35th ann. ed. Its clean and different, Ive been thinking about doing the single exit like the one 6LE makes.
                    What you're thinking of is the Center Mount Exhaust. Although he does now offer a dual outlet valence. Both are nice pieces.
                    '99 Camaro
                    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

ya i like the cme, but the valence is so freaking expensive

Comment

I saw a camaro on cardomain that had the exhaust coming out through the "Berger Panel" not my style, but definitely unique... also pretty much eliminated the trunk
                        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
                          ya i like the cme, but the valence is so freaking expensive
                          every once in a while you can find a bumper from an SS, thats what my buddy did with his z28, i think the 6LE and the SS bumper are the same dimensions.

Comment

^ That's if you find the bumper and valence from an SLP SS. Not all SS bumpers include the valence.
                            '99 Camaro
                            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X