removing tips = better sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing tips = better sound?

i hate to sound like a ricer, but i finally removed my exhaust tips today (one of them was crushed from going off a curb). anyways, i cut both of them off right after the piping that exits from the muffler using a dremel with a cut-off wheel. the odd thing is, theres is definitely a difference. its not huge, but granted, its there. its mainly only in low rpms (<2k) and when shifting, but it sounds ...deeper and better. i never thought something that small could affect it.. im thinking about just leaving it like that :tup:
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Re: removing tips = better sound?

i've got these brand new borla stainless tips up for grabs if you're looking for some really nice replacements
    [IMG][/IMG]
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Re: removing tips = better sound?

those are exactly what my old ones looked like, just magnaflow instead of borla. and i have a brand new set of hooker chrome tips anyways
      1999 v6 Camaro M5
      Automatic to Manual converted
      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X