CAI and seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAI and seals

So a long time ago i build my own cold air intake duct for my 2000 bird and sealed off all of the original upper air slot.

I kinda want to undo that seal so i get air from the upper part and lower duct. I noticed that the kits for the CAI shiz have a seal strip for the opening. Do you all have yours sealed off? I want more air flow. or attempt to.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Re: CAI and seals

I installed an SLP CAI last October and decided to leave the upper portion open during the winter. Figured it might help to warm up the car a little faster if it could pull in some underhood air. Even with that and the stock thermostat, I noticed the air was noticeable colder and coolant temp stayed around 160*. But now it's starting to look a little more like Spring around here, so I'm thinking of blocking off the upper portion until next fall.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Anyone else think you'd have more airflow?
      It seems like not since the engine draws in its air regardless. But if more areas where open would it work more efficiently?
      Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

nm LS1 had all the answers i needed. might as well delete this thread

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X