Glasspack AND muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasspack AND muffler?

I'm looking to really tone down the sound of my exhaust.

I have a Magnaflow 2 1/2' inlet/outlet, muffler, and I have a Magnaflow high-flow cat on order. I was thinking about adding a dynomax glasspack after the cat and before the magnaflor muffler.

Will this restrict the exhaust too much? I don't want it to be like stock again, just mellow with a nice rumble. I'm sick of being heard ten blocks away.

The final setup would be:

1. Magnaflow high-flow cat
    2. Dynomax glasspack
    3. Magnaflow muffler

I'm thinking maybe a Dynomax bullet muffler would work better....
    Last edited by Camarorulz; 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Re: Glasspack AND muffler?

i always wondered if this will work or not aswell

Comment

Straight through mufflers (Glasspacks, cherrybombs, bullets, sweet thunders, etc) will not restrict the flow. Will it help kill some of the noise? Yes, but not by much.

It's been a while since I've messed with different sounding mufflers on a V6 f-body. I do know that I had stock exhaust manifold's with a magnaflow converter going to a dynomax muffler (with two tips), and the sound was tolerable. It would only be somewhat loud on heavy acceleration. <That was my 1st aftermarket setup. After that, I went to a 3" cat back with a flowmaster muffler, and it got much louder!
      sigpic

Comment

I have 2 bullet mufflers plus a Flowmaster 80 and it sounds really good. I have the first bullet (12") where the Cat is supposed to be. I have the second one (18") before the muffler, close to being under the passenger side rear seat.

I added the 18" bullet because it was too loud without it and I was setting off all of the car alarms in my neighborhood at 5am when I leave for work.

It is much better now, with almost no rasp at all.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X