Quiet down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet down?

I have this magnaflow muffler http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=7916 with a carsound cat. Im looking to quiet it down some and get rid of some of the rasp. Would switching to this muffler help any? http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=310559100 or installing a bullet muffler inbetween the cat and muffler?

Re: Quiet down?

i would look into using a stock ls1 muffler, or a stock dual exhaust from a v6 if oyu want it quiet

Comment

well would the stock ss/firehawk muffler be quiet?

Comment

bump...

Comment

Originally posted by fb351 View Post
          well would the stock ss/firehawk muffler be quiet?
          its not going to be stock single outlet quiet, but your car isnt going to sound like a ricer and bumble bee are drag racing

Comment

Borla

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
              Borla
              Borla will not quiet down his exhaust unless he goes with the Pro XS muffler. But that would probably still be louder than the V8 exhaust.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                Borla will not quiet down his exhaust unless he goes with the Pro XS muffler. But that would probably still be louder than the V8 exhaust.
                oops thts wht i get 4 skimming....i just saw the rasp part lol

Comment

where is ssms?

hell be in here any second pushing the dynomax super turbo.
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Dynomax super turbo muffler. I'm from the ssms influenced section. Honestly though, I have a flowmaster on one.. Which is sort of similar to magnaflow.. And a dynomax on another car. The dynomax is definitely more quiet.
                    Last edited by Blizzard242; 04-22-2009, 10:10 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Well does anyone know how much a bullet muffler will change the exhaust, or how a ss/firehawk muffler sounds compared to a magnaflow?

Comment

I have heard that a bullet muffler placed in the mid pipe (inbetween cat and muffler) will lower the tone and reduce rasp. I am planning on getting one myself for my magnaflow cat and catback setup. I would be interested to hear from anyone that has one already installed

Comment

The DYnomax turbo is a chambered muffler with glasspacking inside so it quiets the rasp down, If you want a like stockish but good tone quiet a Summit turbo is great too for $20.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

it's a turbo muffler. not chambered.

Comment

Your right I was thinking fiberglassed inside , for a deeper sound.
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X