A few pics, turbo under K setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few pics, turbo under K setup

These are just a few crappy pics of some crappy pipes.

I took the old bracket as you can see here and welded it to my new muffler for support.

Sometimes it's easier to add a little extra pipe to fill in the gaps. I'm obviously going to have to add a little more weld to cover those leaks.

If you feel the need to point something out, don't worry, I already know.
    I do intend to redo these pipes as best as I can and not rush through it when I install my tube K member. They look like crap for now but they work absolutely fine.

TEAM C6V6

Re: A few pics, turbo under K setup

how much of a clearance is that? 1/2 inch?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
      how much of a clearance is that? 1/2 inch?
      Depends on exactly where you're talking about. The muffler has plenty of clearance. I was pretty happy about that. Doesn't really sit any lower than the stock cat. The only pipe that I have clearance issues with is one that's actually not pictured. The downpipe. It's definitely one I will be redoing, since I can apparently bottom out on it if I don't watch myself over certain parts of the road.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

you can also pick up exhuast cement/sealer. There are a couple different kinds. some that harden after it been heated, It can be hard to seal the leaks is tight spaces. If you do get tsome, usually the more expensive is better. I got this tar like stauff that works great- paid some where in the teen's range, 13-17$
        Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

I hope my oval tubing comes out better.LOL J/K I just hope I have no clearance problems.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

can you post some pics of your engine bay so i can get a few ideas for mine?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00 View Post
              you can also pick up exhuast cement/sealer. There are a couple different kinds. some that harden after it been heated, It can be hard to seal the leaks is tight spaces. If you do get tsome, usually the more expensive is better. I got this tar like stauff that works great- paid some where in the teen's range, 13-17$
              Or I could use my crappy welder that made all of those other crappy welds to fix it in eh.. 5 minutes? I don't like that exhaust sealer stuff. I've used it before. And I'll never do it again.

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              I hope my oval tubing comes out better.LOL J/K I just hope I have no clearance problems.
              **** I hope yours comes out better too! I'm gonna attempt some of my own oval piping. I believe I'll get a better welder before that though. I need to shop around.. I need to figure out the differences between mig, tig, stick, whatever. Any idea on what's best for thin *** exhaust pipes anyways?

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
              can you post some pics of your engine bay so i can get a few ideas for mine?
              Actually, I have a few more pics on my Fquick. If you really want some better pictures, I'll take some when I get the car jacked up again.. However, I procrastinate a ton as far as pictures go.
              Last edited by Blizzard242; 04-20-2009, 08:59 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

your f quick helped alot, but i had a few questions, on your pipe coming into your throttle body, is that your IAT since plugged in or is that a o2? where did you tap the oil lines into?
                Last edited by Fondle; 04-20-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

those welds dont look too good.
                  1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                  1994 Camaro - Sold
                  1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

That is an IAT. In no way shape or form should I ever have an o2 sensor in any part of my intake. What in the world gave you that idea?

Anyways, as for the Oil supply. http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...585#post914585 As you can see there, I have a T-fitting from where the oil pressure sensor would normally be.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                      those welds dont look too good.
                      lmao, thanks. It's this f'n flux bull****. Not only does it love to burn through everything, it spatters everywhere and just generally welds like dirty aluminum.
                      Buy me a new welder and I'll make em look better just for you. :slap:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                        That is an IAT. In no way shape or form should I ever have an o2 sensor in any part of my intake. What in the world gave you that idea?

Anyways, as for the Oil supply. http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...585#post914585 As you can see there, I have a T-fitting from where the oil pressure sensor would normally be.

ya i wasnt thinking, the o2 is in your down pipe, i was planning on my turbo facing the other direction in my head and my down pipe being on that side i just got confused after thinking about it it seems like a better idea to run my down pipe the same side you have yours on because there is more room under the car

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
                          ya i wasnt thinking, the o2 is in your down pipe, i was planning on my turbo facing the other direction in my head and my down pipe being on that side i just got confused after thinking about it it seems like a better idea to run my down pipe the same side you have yours on because there is more room under the car
                          Not only that.. You will probably want it to run back to where the stock exhaust setup normally runs.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                            lmao, thanks. It's this f'n flux bull****. Not only does it love to burn through everything, it spatters everywhere and just generally welds like dirty aluminum.
                            Buy me a new welder and I'll make em look better just for you. :slap:
                            lol.... I know nothing about welding but i know they didnt look pretty.
                            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                            1994 Camaro - Sold
                            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                              lol.... I know nothing about welding but i know they didnt look pretty.
                              Well if you ever feel the need to buy a welder, don't go cheap. You can see why.. It get's the job done though.. eh.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X