lower air filter holder thingy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower air filter holder thingy..

i noticed yesterday that the plastic holder for the air filter (i'm sure there's a better name for it) really doesn't let a lot of air in. It seems to not be very tall. Has anybody put on the bottom part of a Ram Air set-up? Any issues? I thought i heard taht for the taller set-up, you'd need the ram air hood (which is what i want anyways) but i wasn't exactly sure.
    Anybody know?
    Also, would it even bolt upthe same way? I know the lids are different (straight vs offset) but i'm not sure about the bottoms.

Re: lower air filter holder thingy..

what you want to do is the free ram air mod for more air flow. check your other thread in gen-tech i posted the links for you there.

Comment

thanks screamin 99. i thought i checked it out earlier...i'll go check again.

Comment

i saw your post, and i will definetly be doing that mod with the air holder. thank you very much for that link.

i don't quite understand the point of messing with the springs in the rear, but oh well.

Comment

to lower it....duh!!! it's late here....

i was tunnel-visioned on air flow and wasn't even thinking about lowering it.
          After further review, i'm going to do this mod. this will solve the 4x4 look that's bugging me and my "need biggger rims in the back" issue.

i get 2 problems done with one fix. awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by pathology knight View Post
            to lower it....duh!!! it's late here....

i was tunnel-visioned on air flow and wasn't even thinking about lowering it.
            After further review, i'm going to do this mod. this will solve the 4x4 look that's bugging me and my "need biggger rims in the back" issue.

i get 2 problems done with one fix. awesome!
            glad i could help ;) i saw your big wheel thread and figured if you searched the heater hose mod you would figure it out and solve your problem

Comment

yeah, i just got done with the ram air mod (see post in general section) and i'm going to try and do this hose mod tomorrow.
              once that's done, it's "wheels-n-tires" time, headers, window tint, and maybe a few other misc things: paint calipers, engine dress-up, stb....whatever i can come up with.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X