Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom CAI for 98 Firebird v6

Hey guys,
    one of my buddies has a 98 firebird v6 and we want to build a custom CAI or short ram. has anybody done this. If so please let me know and give me some sizes!
    thanks
    Dave

Re: custom CAI for 98 Firebird v6

Youll get some good ideas from these threads...

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=96049

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=53698

Theres also the free ram air mod as well, installuniversity.com
    May or may not be the CAI your looking for, but still applies for better air flow ;)
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

It seems like in general, it is hard to make a DIY CAI that actually flows well. I didn't attempt it, but I know there are a bunch of people that have. It will be interesting to see if anyone has dyno numbers or something to actually prove SOTP gains.
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

I build my own CAI just like the SLP thingy that sucks up air in front of the radiator. I used 2 thin sheet metals and made all the bends and welded and rivited it together. Pretty frickin sweet IMO. i also had several trial and errors before i got it right. works good.
        Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X