Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need a lesson in air induction

Originally posted by screamin 99 View Post
    here is my set up. I shaved the lid and found a 3"x3" rubber pvc coupler at home depot for $6. the coupler came with new clamps. You will need new clamps because the stockers are a one time use type of deal.

edit. welcome to the site pathology knight
    lmao, I love that. Throwin money out for a nitrous kit but not an airlid. lol Hey, whatever works.

Engine bay looks really nice btw.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
      lmao, I love that. Throwin money out for a nitrous kit but not an airlid. lol Hey, whatever works.

Engine bay looks really nice btw.
      haha yeah no lid here. they are rather hard to come by. i also have the slp CAI under there. i have never really felt that it was not enough and it looks clean too.

Comment

Originally posted by screamin 99 View Post
        haha yeah no lid here. they are rather hard to come by. i also have the slp CAI under there. i have never really felt that it was not enough and it looks clean too.
        The only concern I would have with a stock lid would be the oval outlet. Not because it's oval, but it may or may not have more area to let a larger volume of air through. However, I have been out of school for awhile so I'm a bit rusty. I wouldn't really know any different.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

just wanted to let everyone know that i have officially done my 2nd mod!! (the first was to get rid of my T-shifter)

For those that were wondering about this, this is SUPER easy to do! I went to Ace Hardware and got a 3" rubber (pvc) coupler that came with two clamps already on, part #44611 UPC#: 082901446118. Part cost me $7.49 plus tax.

this is probably the same part Screamin' 99 has. This part was made for this mod! It's a perfect fit and looks stock! Everything came apart super easy and went back together even easier!

Up next.....wheels and headers!....

Comment

^so you have been bitten by the mod bug LOL! it happens to the best of us. In the mean time there are several free or very cheap mods that you can do to keep you busy. Try looking up the heater hose mod, free ram air if you didnt do it with the silencer delete and maybe chop your stock rc antenna. some of the best mods i have done to my car were the cheap ones.

Comment

Speaking of cheap mods.. Red calipers! I just got done painting.. well, one side due to time constraints for tonight but they look fantastic. It's like somewhere in between 15-20 bucks at autozone for the "kit". I'm very happy with the quality of the paint. It comes with Caliper cleaner, which I believe is actually carb cleaner, a little ****ty paint brush, and some masking tape. I hate brush painting, but it came out really nice. Get yourself a better brush though. Do It!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

for real! really makes the brakes stand out and look clean

Comment

oh yeah, just wanted to add that on the intake lid, if you score those stupid little fins with a razor blade at their base (all the way across the top of the lid (on the underside)) they will snap off really easy and have a cleaner break.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X