after reading inheritthefire's thread.. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after reading inheritthefire's thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after reading inheritthefire's thread..

i decided to cut those things out of my stock air lid

i think everything turned out pretty nice:

i didnt spend much time on it because i need my car, but its not bad.. i probably wont notice anything different though

do you guys think i should take that center divider thing out?

Re: after reading inheritthefire's thread..

ok, well after a little drive, i noticed that my car idles a tad bit smoother, and also it seems not to bog down as much in 4th gear going up hills like it used to

i also tried putting it in 4th going around 25 and hitting the gas, and it seems to accelerate a tad bit quicker

all in all, i guess it was worth doing it, i wasnt expecting to get 500 more hp out of it, actually i wasnt expecting to see anything at all

i also put some wax on there to let the air in smoother

Comment

this is the first mod i ever did when i joined this site.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ilencer+intake
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

i have a 98, it seems most of that stuff is for the drive by wire TB

edit* can anyone point me to a how-to for the free ram air mod?

i did a search, but every thread i find i either about people doing it, or people asking how to do it with someone saying "do a search"
        Last edited by cam98aro; 04-10-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

damn, sorry. i forget that not everyone is as cool as me...us...er... dbw people...

the fourth pic he posted is what you need to cut away...im stupid...
          Last edited by flamingchicken; 04-10-2009, 08:33 PM.
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

cool, thanks, i only clicked on the first 3 pictures.. oops

Comment

I'm glad I inspired someone to do this!

I left that middle bar in there, because all in all the air should just flow around it... the other spines would've actually blocked the air... plus, I figured that middle bar gave the oval opening some rigidity.

Comment

i just got done doing that, and took off all the air bafflers/silencers too. i also did the "free ram air" mod and am very happy with it.
                with just the lip mod, i didn't really notice anything, but as soon as i did the ram air, i noticed a sound difference. you can really hear it sucking in the air!

check this out for the ram air mod:

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...am_air_mod.htm

i left that little divider in the hole opening for strength. i didn't want to tighten the clamp to much and have things bend.

see my other post about this and i mention a great part (from Ace) for replacing the air bafflers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X