header gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header gaskets

just got my new headers!! XD but i was wondering where can i find good quality gaskets im not to sure on paceseter gaskets any clues?

Re: header gaskets

They've been working fine for me :tup:

Comment

I run felpro metal gaskets with some copper spray sealant, no problems with leaks.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I've heard Abbott racing gaskets are good....

Also, grab some stage 8 locking header bolts.
        http://www.gvperformance.com/store/i...&productId=275

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed98Camaro View Post
          I've heard Abbott racing gaskets are good....

Also, grab some stage 8 locking header bolts.
          http://www.gvperformance.com/store/i...&productId=275
          Second on both recommendations. That's what I have on mine right now and they hold up.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

i just emailed them how long do u think they would take to respond cuz i need them know!!! i wanna put them on and get my 3hp WOO WOO

Comment

Originally posted by silverbird02 View Post
              i just emailed them how long do u think they would take to respond cuz i need them know!!!
              I called Abbott and they showed up in the mail 2 days later. Granted, I'm only a state away. Got the Stage 8 Locking bolts from another member on the board a month beforehand.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I got mine from abbot within a week of sendin them the money order. they do good business. I would suggest sealing the gasket to the face of the header. then use a dremel to shave any excess overhang around the primary ports. this will eliminate any unwanted air flow interuption

Comment

The Felpros have the oval opening that is perfect for the 3.8 heads, even ported heads would still have enough room for the Felpro gaskets. Copper spray is the best for making a great seal.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

like everyone above has mentioned. abbott header gaskets are the way to go.
                    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                      like everyone above has mentioned. abbott header gaskets are the way to go.
                      I'm just saying there are other options like the Felpro's which are great replacements and easier to get if you need them in a hurry. I haven't used abbott's since the Felpros have been great. GM has newer metal gaskets but they look werid with their design. I wouldn't use any paper gaskets. Also using copper spray sealant on the metal ones will make a great seal and last a long time.

Comment

i will look in to that but i have a question on my Y pipe it has like a hole where im guessing an 02 sensor would go which i dont think thats right but wat do i do weld it or seal it or wat?

Comment

Originally posted by silverbird02 View Post
                          i will look in to that but i have a question on my Y pipe it has like a hole where im guessing an 02 sensor would go which i dont think thats right but wat do i do weld it or seal it or wat?
                          yes on the earlier 3.8s like my 97, we had o2 sensors before and after the cat. So if you have a newer 3.8 with just the o2 after the cat then you can get an o2 plug that will thread right into there. Or weld it shut but if you were to ever sell the headers/ypipe and the next person needed that hole, well then they would be screwed, lol
                          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

cool cool thanks ill take my vacation from my job and do it myself but need to buy the headers sensor first and gert it done at the same time cant wait for the lil hp ill get and sound and do this a lil better:burn:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X