Please help me or give me advice!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me or give me advice!!!

Hi my name is robert and i am debateing on installing an electronic cutout. i was looking for an opinion on how the car would sound bone stock with a cutout ? and wen i looked under the car i realized that the cutout is gunna have to go after the cat cause theres no room before. Will that cause a diffrent sound? and anyone with expierence what electronic cutout would you recomend?

98 firebird v6 3.8L

Re: Please help me or give me advice!!!

1. Loud, raspy, and obnoxious. But that's where the electric part comes in handy. It can then be quiet and tame the next minute.

2. Location of the cutout will affect the sound. Most people seem to put it somewhere along the I-pipe, typically right before the over-axle pipe.

3. QTP or badlanz
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

its going to sound like crap with an open cutout

it will sound a little better being after the cat, but not much

i have no experience, but it seems like a waste of money to me.. its not that hard to take three wingnuts off and open it yourself

Comment

i have a manual cutout, but lost the plate haha. Unfortunately the above is true, but not quite practical. You cant really reach under your car while driving, so an e-cutout would be nice. Sometimes I get tired of hearing it, and would like it closed for a little. Plus if youre cruising with it open and see a cop, close it up! i dont think it sounds as bad as some people are making it out to be. I had it on my stock motor and it sounded fine. Now ive got a built motor and it sounds even better
        sigpic

Comment

You'll probably free up some HP....gonna sound like a v6 though. Make sure its legal in your state.

Comment

Do u think it will sound just as good or the same if I place after the cat or will it sound deeper and better before? And where did u place yours?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X