headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers

im cant decide to go with the ceramic or black pacesetters i live in H-town ,texas and its super hot in summer and really cold in winter its some weird weather but i was wondering if the ceramic coationg would really make a diff i know its suppose to keep the engine a lil cooler meaning better perfomance and like shiny and anti rust longer than the black finish but wat do u guys think?

Re: headers

Go with the ceramic finish! They won't chip or rust on you, and you'll get many more years out of your headers with a ceramic coating.
    sigpic

Comment

i say go for the painted ones. that is what i did like 4 years ago. never had a problem with them. save the money and buy more toys
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I bought my RK Sport headers 9 years ago with there coating, they still look new, no cracks and of course no rust since I'm in AZ. They still look great after all these years. They got a bad wrap because the have 2 bolt flanges and leaking problems, but the first thing I did when I got them was to have 3 bolt flanges put on and I have replaced the gaskets maybe twice since in the 9 years because the copper ones were desinergrating from time.LOL It up to you ,if you plan on keeping the car more than 5 years get the coated and if you don't think you will have it long just paint them.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i plan on keeping it till the axle and engine fall off!! but ill get coated and would it be a good idea to buy better gaskets and bolts ive heared pacesetter gaskets suck big time and the bolts i just grade 8 cuz of heat resistance

Comment

Originally posted by silverbird02 View Post
            i plan on keeping it till the axle and engine fall off!! but ill get coated and would it be a good idea to buy better gaskets and bolts ive heared pacesetter gaskets suck big time and the bolts i just grade 8 cuz of heat resistance
            Yes, I got mine from WickedV6. They did my gasket ;and a stage 8 bolts are awesome too.

It is said that the coated one helpes lower the engine temp slightly, but performance wise I don't think there's a difference between the two.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              4 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X