Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on exhaust

let's try this again in the right section:

so my 02 sensor is giving out and throwing codes and needs replacing, and while my mechanic and i were checking things out i realized my flowmaster catback is looking pretty rough and my z28 tips are building up a good bit of carbon inside. i'm planning on getting some pacesetters very soon, and completing the exhaust in the process (going 3") along with a better catback and tips. my mechanic highly recommended magnaflow and says they sound great on fbodies, and i've always loved borlas (i know they're pricey)...so i've narrowed it down to the two.

i'm looking for some opinions/personal experiences with these two mufflers, what do you guys think will be best of the two? i've heard clips of both but they dont do them justice compared to hearing in-person.
    Last edited by FirebirdGT; 03-24-2009, 10:40 AM.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Re: opinions on exhaust

my bad on the wrong section guys, i had more than one tab open looking at the sale section...must've mixed up the post.

but anyway, throw some suggestions/opinions at me
    Last edited by FirebirdGT; 03-24-2009, 10:40 AM.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

Re: opinions on exhaust (moved)

Borla > Magnaflow

You can never go wrong with Borla, but it will be on the quieter side.
      Y87 Package
      MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
      Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
      BONE APPROVED!
      VANBIBBER APPROVED!
      KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
      Team Black...TEAM EMO
      sigpic
      Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

im going with a 3" in/out borla on my new exhaust for my turbo, but i dont like tips coming out of the back on the camaros so its going to be dumped under the car

Comment

after many hours of searching and listening to exhaust videos, i'm pretty sure i wanna bite the bullet and go borla---there's a 3.8 guy on youtube with full exhaust w/borla and a cam that sounds like a monster :drool:

i'm gonna have my shop fab up the piping and everything so i'm basically just looking for the right muffler to do the setup with. i've found the turbo-xl 40670 style for dual tailpipes, does anyone have experience with this kind? any opinions would be appreciated.

http://interstore.com/product/125-15....html?ref=base

sigpic

Comment

ttt....anyone wanna chime in that has dual exhaust borlas? (not true duals of course)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Firebirdkid96 View Post
              Borla > Magnaflow

You can never go wrong with Borla, but it will be on the quieter side.
              I dont know about that ^^ I have a borla catback with 3 in. s pipe and pacesetters and its loud but has a very good tone even at open throttle..go borla man you wont regret it ...i would go with the bullet muffs if your want to dual it out

Comment

good to hear man...i'm pretty much set on borla now, they're amazing. what series muffler do you have? i'm trying to find the best way to run dual tips, what's your setup?

sigpic

Comment

i have a borla catback...when i get an ss or ws6 im goin to dual it with borla bullet muffs...hopefully..but the catback comes with the turbo xl muffler so either way your goin to be in good shape

Comment

sounds good! i'm gonna compare the xr-1 vs the turbo xl and see what will work best...should sound pretty mean with pacesetters and 3" back to muffler like yours.

sound clip by any chance?

sigpic

Comment

i wish i could get u one ive been wanting to post one...but i broke my camera and until i want to buy a new one over mods for the car i wont have one :(

Comment

I like my 3" in/out Dynomax Turbo muffler with 3" pipping from the Y to the muffler which is 3" chambered inside and a 3" turn down in back. Sounds great, no rasp get low tone at idle, also RK sport headers,no cat and VS cam with idle set at 900 rpms so no misfire codes. Can't wait to hear this with a turbo on the car, should be interesting.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

sounds pretty killer, i'll look forward to hearing some clips

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X