intake, exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake, exhaust question

are the benifits of getting a whisper lid worth it for the price and also if i put 3" exhaust from cat back will i have noise and back pressure probs?

Re: intake, exhaust question

well if you wanted to save the money....you could shave the stock lid and just get bipass the baffle.

to be honest i 2.5 is the highest i would go. than you've got back pressure
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

There is alot of debate regarding exhaust size, but I would echo Kristen's advice that if you aren't planning any forced induction then stick with 2.5. Magnaflow did a study on exhaust diameter and engine size, even made a nice graph. If you search around you'll probably find it.

Comment

i have 2.5 and ive had 3, to be honest, 2.5 feels better from the bottom end than 3", and it feels the same at 5750. 3 inch is overkill imo.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

ok but i plan on on turboing it (at some point) but not for a while so should i put on 2.5 for now then go to 3" cause im going to do it my self so for the exhaust it self its not gunna be more than $250

and for the intake what u mean by shaving the stock lid? cause i have a k&n stock filter

Comment

under the stock upper lid you just grind/cut off the ribs and sand it smooth. thats what i did it works pretty much the same and saves money. thankfully in my case i had a nitrous back fires and blew up only the air box. got lucky (knock on wood) :) but stock lid cheaper to get ahold of.
            search around i remember seeing a write up for it.
            1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Comment

I run a 3" exhaust with Rksport headers, into a 3" in/out Dynomax Turbo muffler which is chambered and has a single 3" turn down pipe, it still has back pressure, when I had my 3" cutout and opened it up that there was a little loss on the low end but improved the top end. Like the sticky above, whether its 2.5" or 3" your power curve moves up. I have 3.73's in the rear so I would like the top end myself. I will be adding a turbo here soon and I'm glad I went with a 3" from the beginning, otherwise I would be paying for new pipe. Its better to do it right the first time.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i run a k and k fipk stock 01 exhaust exhaust manifolds and 3" in/out carsound car 3"pipe to a dynomax super turbo i have great backpressure the 12 miles i had my flowmaster on the same set up was horrible though i had no low end at all and it sounded like balls.. thats why i went home parked it and order the dynomax.
                2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                1991 3000GT VR4
                2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  Its better to do it right the first time.
                  x32458973291587

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                    to be honest i 2.5 is the highest i would go. than you've got back pressure
                    ...that you don't need

Originally posted by J.T. View Post
                    There is alot of debate regarding exhaust size
                    Not really. All the record holding V6 cars, bolt-on, NA, FI, w/e, all have 3" exhausts

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
                    ok but i plan on on turboing it (at some point) but not for a while so should i put on 2.5 for now then go to 3" cause im going to do it my self so for the exhaust it self its not gunna be more than $250
                    why would you want to buy the same parts twice?

Comment

alright u guys sold me lol i think what ima do its run the 3 " piping then just get a 25$ cherry bomb thats 2.5 in and out then when i turbo ill upgrade the muffler thx every one

Comment

read up.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=77275
                        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X