Slp Loudmouth 2...yay or nay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slp Loudmouth 2...yay or nay

I've crossed compared alot of exhuast videos on various websites.
    Flowmaster is too ricey/raspy (also had them on the 88' i previously owned and dissatisified)
    Magnaflow is deep but is way too hush (friend has one on a 3.8 ohv mustang) yes i know the mustang has 2 mufflers compared to a fbodies 1, but it has somewhat of a similar engine.
    Borla while is a dream and IMO Borla>slp lm2...but is too $$$...same with corsa
    I've looked into somewhat at the texas rumbler, pacesetter and or summit turbo muffler, i need imos on those.
    Slp Loudmouth 1 is too unrefined and raspy. LM 2 has a baffle that refines it somewhat.
    Plus those that have a v8 "take-off" exhaust.
    Plan on putting headers on eventually......

I know it will not sound like a v8 and will have somewhat of a rasp, and im ok with that, but out of those, which one has a deep refined sound....ie (the flowmasters I had sounded like a 18wheeler choking on air).

I might sway magnaflow if slps are ricey/raspy.
    I know people will think im ocd with this but I dont want to go through 3 catback systems to find the right one.

All help is appreciated.:tup:

Oh the car is a 02' firebird 3800 series
    Last edited by FireFox89; 03-05-2009, 10:10 PM.

Re: Slp Loudmouth 2...yay or nay

nay i had it, sounds good at idle and below 2200 rpms anything over that was extreamly loud for no reason and very raspy
    i had the lm1 muffler which is basically just a piece of straight pipe, so i switched over to the lm2 and it sounded exactly the same

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

this is the lm1 muffler, the only difference in the lm2 muffler is it has a little bit of packing on the walls. didnt really notice a difference

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
        this is the lm1 muffler, the only difference in the lm2 muffler is it has a little bit of packing on the walls. didnt really notice a difference

To be PC, baffing is metal baffles that redirect the sound..its 12am.....ok ill guess ill go with "packing".

you didnt notice a difference???
        Ive listened to videos of various make-models (same cars) from lm1 to 2 and there was somewhat of a difference.

Then what do you suggest?
        Last edited by FireFox89; 03-05-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

summit turbo. there was no baffling in my lm2 muffler. It was the same straight through design with packing on the walls

Comment

summit turbo. there was no baffling in my lm2 muffler. It was the same straight through design with packing on the walls
            i know i just said i misquoted baffing as packing and baffling actually involves the use of metal baffles inside the muffler.
            ill take a listen, also i know a v8 takeoff sounds nice, but i plan on buying new. Thanks
            Last edited by FireFox89; 03-05-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

best advice i have for anyone is buy an exhaust you like that is mildly loud and then have an electric cutout installed.

Comment

best advice i have for anyone is buy an exhaust you like that is mildly loud and then have an electric cutout installed.
                lol always buy a electric/wireless cutout so you can hide the keyfob if you get pulled over.
                But in all honesty that will be on option if i ever truly mod the hell out of it.
                Last edited by FireFox89; 03-05-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

thats what i am doing now. Hooker catback with an electric cutout..

Btw someone should buy my old electric cutout !!!!
                  1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                  1994 Camaro - Sold
                  1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

mmmmm, Hooker Catback :bowdown:

so does running the cutout open mostly just sound like open exhaust, or does it blend the sound of the cutout with the sound of the catback?

Comment

is there a system out there that has a growl, but isnt loud when you hit the gas? I dont want my car to sound like its at a drag strip, but at the same time, I dont want it to sound like an electric car. Know what I mean. quite with a slight grrr, but not hearing impaired silent..

I have an exhaust on my old 97, sounded great, was thinking of tapping that into the 00 and replacing the tips. they have a little oxidation on the chrome. damn mother nature and her revenge on humanity.
                      Archer
                      MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
                      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

I still have a lm on mine and I hate it. Now I will be using edead on the rear and the doors to see if this quiets the car down
                        Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 95astrovan View Post
                          mmmmm, Hooker Catback :bowdown:

so does running the cutout open mostly just sound like open exhaust, or does it blend the sound of the cutout with the sound of the catback?
                          Just like open pipes. Similar sound to the lm1/2 but a tad louder.

I say the summit turbo is the best choice. Cheap too.

Comment

If you want more of a deeper sound get a Dynomax Super turbo muffler 3"in/out, I switched from the Summit Turbo to the Dynomax Turbo and still no rasp to 5900 rpms. The Dynomax has more aggressive tone at idle and through the RPMS than the Summit Turbo, but the Dynomax is around $65 and the Summit is around $30 so it would be if its in your price range. If anyone wants to question me on my system that it has no rasp, then ask Meatyshells he drove it today. He heard the Summit Turbo too and they do not rasp on my setup anyways. Thats a VS cam, RKsport headers, 3" exhaust , straight pipe no cat, mandrel bent S pipe , mandrel bent over the axle into a Dynomax 3" in and 3 " out with a 3" down turn down before the rear drivers tire , but will be putting my 90 degree pipe on I just got , so it will be facing the rear after this weekend.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

^together we will make sure everyone owns a super turbo :P
                              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                              1991 3000GT VR4
                              2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X