Rear o2 delete with resister?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear o2 delete with resister?

Does anyone know about deleting the rear o2 sensor by using a diode or amp resistor,i have heard that it should work,but what type of resister do you need,can anyone shed some light?:poke:

Re: Rear o2 delete with resister?

i have been wondering how to get rid off the rear one too

Comment

i just dont have one...no problems.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I looked into this a while ago with moderate success. You need more than just a resistor to make it work. The sim has to flip between 2 voltages(.3 and .7ish I believe). If it doesn't flip then it will will still throw the code. I found a writeup somewhere on a circuit that involved a 555 timer and built it, but it was flaky. It very well could have been my craftsmanship on it though, I made it rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWizardofOz View Post
          I looked into this a while ago with moderate success. You need more than just a resistor to make it work. The sim has to flip between 2 voltages(.3 and .7ish I believe). If it doesn't flip then it will will still throw the code. I found a writeup somewhere on a circuit that involved a 555 timer and built it, but it was flaky. It very well could have been my craftsmanship on it though, I made it rather quickly.
          in english please

Comment

It's more than just a resistor. You have to create a circuit that changes the way a real oxygen sensor works. This may only be for rear heated ones though, I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcoelho View Post
              in english please
              He's saying it's going to take some electrical knowledge :P. I looked into this, and came up with the same results. After pricing everything, I figured I'd just go buy one from ZZP......
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X