Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tierd of the raspy v6 exhaust?

i found out a way to rid ur self of the raspy exhaust
    on our exhausts we have a striaght pipe that runs along the driveshaft if u replace that pipe with a glass pack muffler or sumthing of the sort long and skinny it will get rid of the ricer rasp
    did it on my car i know it works and it sound ****in dec.

Re: tierd of the raspy v6 exhaust?

most people already know that. but the fact of the matter is youre never going to get rid of the rasp totally.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

You don't even need to put a glasspack or resonator , if you have the right muffler you won't have rasp. Summit turbo muffler is a good one for $20 , and Dynomax turbo muffler is more expensive but well worth $65. I have had both with my 3" exhaust and both at 6000 RPMS have zero rasp. The summit turbo I had it a 90 dergree with a 3" turn down at the rear. The Dynomax , I did a 3" turndown right behind the rear tire. Both sounded great but the Dynomax has a deeper sound at idle and flows better since it has a 3" inside core rather than the Summit turbo which is a 2.5" inner core.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hey everyone well I figured out a way to get rid of the rasp completely and get a nice deep sounding exhaust. Sorry my digital Camera is out but I will post the sound clip as soon as I can. This is what I did I figured I was going to replace parts on my exhaust so I got the Magnaflow American Thunder Exhaust which is renowned for sounding like crap 2 1/2 inch piping, 2 1/2 inch s pipe, 2 1/2inch in and out high flow catalytic converter and bought two of these mufflers and in my opinion its the best sounding v6 out there. Sounds more like a 350Z now except with that muscle sound while on ideal and that American roar under load. The problem with the exhaust that are made for the v6 F-bodies is that they are really exhaust that were made to sound good on a V8 not a V6. Why do you think there is raspy *** high pitched civics out there that sound depper than our cars at some point. I'll tell you why its all in a good pair of mufflers. Hope this helps.

Ihttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEBRING-TIBURON-TALON-DTM-TITANIUM-3-EXHAUST-MUFFLER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66 Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c2 93Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZ item350170177106QQitemZ350170177106QQptZMotorsQ5fC arQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Comment

Oh yeah sorry I didn't explain myself completely but I cut off the old Flowmaster tips and had these welded at the dual rear exits. Now it looks like I have more of a Borla exhaust except I built it on a budget the mufflers were only 34.99 each are made of titanium and give you a really deep tone.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWIN-...Q5fAccessories

Sorry seems as if my link didn't work the first time. But yeah if these mufflers aren't particularly your style just look for some other decent ones on Ebay I'm pretty sure as long as its the canister style mufflers it should deepen up your tone. For those of you that are unhappy with your exhaust right now whatever it may be I suggest you cut off your tips and have dual mufflers welded on the rear you won't regret it.

Comment

posted some pics on the car...

Comment

pics...now.
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

i got rid of it with a resonator, installed with the fins facing backwards. i got a high flow cat and flowmaster 90. headers next week!

Comment

headers and a nice y-pipe, and a good cat converter probably would do the trick
                    Leonard
                    www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                    sigpic

Comment

ill post a video at sum piont but when i say it got rid of it, it got rid of it my car was the king of raspy ****tyness after i got my high flow cat and now it just simply sound amazing i have a thrush turbo on the back and idl it cause its to quiet so im gunna get a flowmaster and then ill post a video but just open pipe now it sounds like a v8 no questions

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
                        ill post a video at sum piont but when i say it got rid of it, it got rid of it my car was the king of raspy ****tyness after i got my high flow cat and now it just simply sound amazing i have a thrush turbo on the back and idl it cause its to quiet so im gunna get a flowmaster and then ill post a video but just open pipe now it sounds like a v8 no questions
                        No offense but I really doubt it sounds like a v8. Our cars can never sound like a v8 because of firing order and whatnot. And please please please, try to use a little punctuation. I'm no king of grammar obviously but, I try.

But if you do insist that it currently sounds like a v8, prove it. Video!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

not trying to offend anyone, but even if you do remove the rasp, it will still sound like crap IMO

Comment

it will...nothing sounds quite as good as a v8...

but there are ways to make it sound better...

Also, as long as i have been here,(not very long, but still) NO-ONE has posted a video, sound clip, or any proof that they have a non-raspy V6 f-body. So i have deduced that they are mythical.
                            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                              it will...nothing sounds quite as good as a v8...

but there are ways to make it sound better...

Also, as long as i have been here,(not very long, but still) NO-ONE has posted a video, sound clip, or any proof that they have a non-raspy V6 f-body. So i have deduced that they are mythical.
                              i have heard only one

it was on the zzp website for the GT2 cam i believe

it was a video on putfile.com named "yeah thats a v6 *****es"

its not there anymore though, but i would love to get my hands on it, that thing sounded DEEP he didnt rev it high in the vid (maybe 2500rpm max) but that thing sounded like a v8.. it was on a camaro also, vid was taken at night if anyone knows what im talking about

edit* yup, here is the link: https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...=123&catid=104

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X