Backpressure with straight pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backpressure with straight pipe

i have a stock exhaust on my 3.8L 98 camaro and i was planning to put an electric cutout valve in between the cat and the muffler, will there any complications and the big question, will it sound good and loud as **** when i flip the switch?:burn:

Re: Backpressure with straight pipe

Loud & raspy,
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

when i put headers on my car, i ran open collector, and i LOVED it, it was just way super too loud. before i put headers on i ran open after the cat and it sounded kinda sick...
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

rasp doesn't cover it hahha
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

when you say sick.... you mean good or not good?

anyone have sound clips of raspyness?

Comment

not good, it sounded like @$$

here is my car at the track before my flowmaster got broke in... im the loud one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzjQbJ1dhi8
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

yeah, i heard it, what can i do to put after the cutout thats kind of cheap to eliminate even a little of the rasp?

Comment

a cut out will just make it loud and raunchey!
                Team NoVa

Comment

thats what i want. occasionally i want to be able to flip a switch and not be able to hear myself talk for a few mins then switch back to a stock exhaust!

Comment

then go for it. most people put it in the i pipe after the s pipe and before it goes over the diff. if you put it right after the s pipe then you have less stuff to run.
                    Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X