How can you get rid of intake air silancers? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you get rid of intake air silancers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you get rid of intake air silancers?

Hey guys, i have an 2002 Firebird v6 and I'm looking at getting rid of the air silencers and making it more like a whisper lid. I've tried to find a whisper lid and every time i try and order one they are on back order for months. if anyone has done this with the stock air box please let me know how and maybe post me a few pictures so i can see how it is done. Thanks guys,
    Dave

Re: How can you get rid of intake air silancers?

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ilencer+intake

i did this before i got a lid.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

x2 on using that thread, exactly what i did bc whisper lids are hard to come by. make sure you throw in a k&n filter if you don't have one and shave those fins off from inside the stock lid to help airflow. i got great results from doing that along with my slp cai, ram air upgrade and bolt-ons...definitely a worthy substitute until you can get an actual whisper lid.

here's a look at mine:
      [IMG][/IMG]
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

oh and i forgot to mention, if you really are looking for a whisper lid, give Frank at rksport.com a call...he'll get you set up with a (more pricey) carbon fiber whisper lid, but the do-it-yourself is still a great option. good luck bro.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

just get an FIPK they sound better... look nicer.. and give the same if not better power
          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
          1991 3000GT VR4
          2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

thx! i think i am going to do this for the time being... is there a big difference in performance from this to the whisper lid??

Comment

over what your doing an fipk or a lid and fipk?
              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
              1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

it is stock right now with a k&n filter...

Comment

about 6-7hp which is all you'll get with a lid... just doing the silencer delete mod you will gain nothing at all just louder.. so you'll think its faster..
                  2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                  1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

the thing i did just gives a more aggressive sound...i didnt really notice a power increase, but then again, my car already has way too much power :p
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

alrightt. i think ill just get the lid then and not have to worry bout those rubber couplers falling off while im driving it...

Comment

don't cheap out on mods.. its not worth it.. just wait till you can get a lid or fipk...
                        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                        1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

totally true. i have spent money on a "free" mod, then ended up having to buy the part anyways, just go ahead and spend the money and do it right.
                          Team NoVa

Comment

ya... im not scared on spending the money. i just need to get my hands on one! haha. i dont want to spend 200 on a carbon fiber one... do u think it is worth it to also buy the ram air kit or mass a/f sensors from whisper lid sight??

Comment

MAF no.. unless your running FI and maxing out your stock one.. i am the only person here that runs a FIPK and a ram air kit i modded the radiator shield to take it..
                              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                              1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X