Lower intake gasket ... RTV ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower intake gasket ... RTV ???

I'm changing the lifters in the wife's car , I'v got the felpro gasket kit .

It came with the black rtv , do I need to put it under the rubber end peices with the dowels ?

Thanks for your input , Used to use just RTV on older engines

New to the newer stuff.

Re: Lower intake gasket ... RTV ???

just on the four corners where the gaskets meet up.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

a thin coating wouldn't hurt anything
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I know on my wifes 00' 3.4 Grand Am when I replaced the LIM gasket I used GM's gray RTV sealant and yes I put it all over the corners and a thin strip on the gasket. Got it TQ down and let it dry over night and got it back together and it never leaked after that , which they were know to have LIM gasket leaks. GM finally came out with a better design after about 4 different gasket set kits they came out with.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yes you need it, i made the mistake of not using any and i kept having oil leak out of the back of the intake

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Use it on the bottom of the the two gaskets that connect the head/lower intake gaskets. In the corners where they meet on the bottom and top and some on top of the two gaskets that connect the two (head/lower intake). Make sure you us all of it. I use about half and still had oil all over the damn place.

Comment

it really matters more about how you apply, than how much you apply, and whether you assembled it properly. i used barely any, and have yet to have a leak....been driving about a month and a half since i did my install.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Thanks for all the input , will be installing in the morning .

got everything all cleaned up , ready for the gaskets .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X