california smog wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• california smog wow

ok i just replaced all my O2 sensors but my p0420 code is still on i know its the CAT now lol Well I Asked my mom who works at GM parts and she said Her discount for a New cat will cost 780$ and for an Average Joe $1000 this sucks cuz california you cant buy one anywhere else now anybody Got one for cheap!

Re: california smog wow

you can get emissions compliant carsound cats to replace a stocker
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Larrymhemenez View Post
      ok i just replaced all my O2 sensors but my p0420 code is still on i know its the CAT now lol Well I Asked my mom who works at GM parts and she said Her discount for a New cat will cost 780$ and for an Average Joe $1000 this sucks cuz california you cant buy one anywhere else now anybody Got one for cheap!
      the reason the price is so high is because from the factory, the y-pipe, cat, and S-pipe are all one piece, and thus sold as one piece at GM locations. You can buy a universal cat at any autozone or parts store for 60ish

Comment

Pres. Obama wants to make Calif. an example for the rest of the states to follow. So it's only going to make it tougher.

I have Random Tech. Just don't say anything when they do smog it. Hopefully they won't look down or anything.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I just got a Magnaflow cat from AutoZone for around $250.

Comment

Originally posted by 99fv6 View Post
            I just got a Magnaflow cat from AutoZone for around $250.
            woowowoww, how did you pay that much? i got my magnaflow for 50$

Comment

I saw alot of them in that price range, but weren't legal for use in gay @-- California. If anyone out there knows where I can get one that will pass emissions and cost me less, I am all ears. It's still in the box and under warranty so I can easily take it back.
              Last edited by 99fv6; 02-08-2009, 10:53 PM. Reason: wanted to ask a question

Comment

yourz will not Pass emissions dude i am telling you in california you cant not but one at autozone or parts store that will pass they all have the ones that say will not pass emission off road use only Breh

Comment

I have a Magnaflow cat Part#46006 which is listed on the list of California-legal cats for ODBII vehicles on their website. It comes with a certificate the has to be signed by the installer and car owner. Doesn't mention anything about being used for just off-road applications.

Comment

I have an OEM cat that was used for less than a year. NY follows CA's emissions, so it would work for you. If shipping weren't so much I would offer it to you.

Comment

throw it in a flat rate box they are one flat rate for up to 70lbs in the us and the box is free :P
                      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                      1991 3000GT VR4
                      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

i went to a shop in morgan hill it cost me about 350 with labor to install a new cat. had no poblem passing emmisions

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X