EGR Valve help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Valve help

Hey my girlfriends coming buy tomorrow and she wants me to help her install her EGR valve in her car. Now is this hard to do because I dun wanna break her car. Not only that I just got some Condom so her in a bad mood isn't what i'm tryna add to the equation. Her car acts funny...as soon as you turn it on it'll turn itself right back off. The only way to get it going is to hold down the gas pedal, If you ever let off of the gas the car turns off. Is that the EGR vavle? A mechanic told her it was but I wanna make sure, and if everything goes great ima be laid back in a seat with her on her knees and well you know :eek:

Re: EGR Valve help

by the way its on her 93 3.1L Corsica

Comment

awkward...

300th!
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

pretty sure thats NOT going to be the EGR but good luck!

Comment

Could be if it's stuck open. I would clean the throttle body while i was at it. They get carbon built up on the back side and you either have to clean it off or open the throttle blade a bit more.
          sigpic

Comment

that sounds exactly like an IAC

i would take the EGR back

Comment

hilarious post. post up some pics of her and we will tell you if its worth it.
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Car shutting off withour gas usually means IAC or a vacuum leak somewhere. Replace the IAC, then check the AIR hose, EGR to upper inake hose, MAP sensor plug, and brake booster hose, (comes off back of intake). Those would be prime sources for a vac leak. This is assuming you have a 3.8 btw

Comment

he says its a 3.1 corsica

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X