Ssra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssra

You guys that have SSRA kit. Since the scoop goes under the car, Have you damaged it when you drive your camaro or bird into a water ditch or into any other street hole? I looking the possibility of doing a custom add-on for my SLP CAI:wavey:
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: Ssra

why would you drive your car through water or a ditch?

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
      why would you drive your car through water or a ditch?
      Sorry I'm ESL. What I wanted to say is when you need to drive slow in those streets or intersections that have downward slopes for drainage, or when unexpectedly pass over a high bump without braking. Did the scoop get damaged?
      Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

well i know a guy that sucked a bunch of water into his engine when he was using that thing if it matters

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I have the slp cai (ram air style) kit like the one you're asking about and the ram air upgrade kit from afterthoughtsauto.com which extends the intake even further down, and even with my eibach lowering springs and suspension work I don't have any trouble with it whatsoever. If anything scrapes it's the plastic air deflector that sits just below the actual intake, and I've learned to take slopes and "water ditches" carefully to avoid damage. I've been running this style intake for years and never had a problem with water pulling into the intake---even in heavy downpours. So basically keep your front end away from drastic slopes and don't drive in...oh, say....a pool...and you'll be fine haha.

next time i get a chance to get the maro on a lift i'll try and get some pics for ya
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
            I have the slp cai (ram air style) kit like the one you're asking about and the ram air upgrade kit from afterthoughtsauto.com which extends the intake even further down, and even with my eibach lowering springs and suspension work I don't have any trouble with it whatsoever. If anything scrapes it's the plastic air deflector that sits just below the actual intake, and I've learned to take slopes and "water ditches" carefully to avoid damage. I've been running this style intake for years and never had a problem with water pulling into the intake---even in heavy downpours. So basically keep your front end away from drastic slopes and don't drive in...oh, say....a pool...and you'll be fine haha.

next time i get a chance to get the maro on a lift i'll try and get some pics for ya
            The way CAI and the scoop go down sends back any amount of water that is going up, common sense. I think the only chance to get water into the intake is when the water level reaches the air filter, something like if the car is flooded up to the hood. Only on severe flooding conditions, water will get into the intake, either without scoop, or without CAI. My question was if the scoop get scraped and damaged when you listen the deflector scrapping in the slope, you said not. Good to know that. :tup: I've been looking some resistant, but bendable plastic to make the add-on scoop. Any ideas?
            Last edited by borispeed; 01-28-2009, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X