wtf whisper?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf whisper?!

any of you guys have the head's up on what the deal is with Whisper lids? They've apparently been on backorder since before summer and I still can't get my hands on one from any company...all i get is the run-around when i call about getting one and they apparently are "in dispute over the price".

i went ahead and did the shaved stock lid, silencer!, k&n, and custom 3" intake to make up for it but when will a real lid be available??

any insight will be appreciated.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Re: wtf whisper?!

i know what you mean. i just got mine a week ago from rksport. have you tried there? they ran out of the regular whisper lids with the 3800 on it, so they sent me a carbon fiber one.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Didn't know they'd been on backorder since before summer. I ordered mine from LMPerformance in mid-June and it came in on time, no problems.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

well considering that I have been trying for more than a year to get an email back from them just trying to get their products available on my site....I am not sure if they are even in business or making any more.

There site hasn't been updated in some time and never respond to emails...so yea I dunno what to tell ya
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

truekoa, when did you order yours from rksport? I've ordered a lot of products from them over the past and i actually did try to get a whisper lid from them and spoke with their awesome service rep named Frank...and they still couldn't get a lid for me. this was several months ago after i gave up on my initial order from lmperformance in july for a lid.

also, i noticed on ftpp.net all of their lids have "on backorder from whispermotorsports" next to them...this is basically what i've been experiencing
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

hey... i placed the order about a month ago i'll confirm the receipt later and let you know. i also tried with ftpp and they gave me the backorder talk as well, so i went to rksport.
            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
              Didn't know they'd been on backorder since before summer. I ordered mine from LMPerformance in mid-June and it came in on time, no problems.
              got mine in june from LMperformance. WE must have got the last of them

Comment

lol apparently so, either that or lmperformance shoveled me a load of bs...but i did talk to Frank at rksport (he said he remembers helping out with truekoa's carbon fiber lid recently), and apparently only carbon fiber lids are available for a not-so-friendly price of 179.00. the regular 3800II lids are said to be still tied up in pricing disputes.

my only reserve is the price for the carbon fiber...my original order was 100 plus shipping from lmperformance so almost twice that seems not worth it. anyone have alternative sources for lids?

sigpic

Comment

I talked to LMperformance before Christmas since they didn't have the lid on their website, and they said that they haven't gotten a shipment from Whispers Motorsports and didn't know when they were. I would have liked to get it from LMP since they're the cheapest I could find but I went ahead and got one from Hawks Third Gen.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                    got mine in june from LMperformance. WE must have got the last of them
                    Guess so. Glad I didn't wait any longer.

Looks like there may be a few carbon fiber lids from Hawks Third Gen. Someone might want to give them a call to see if they have any in stock.
                    '99 Camaro
                    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

hey baller, i ordered the lid about a month ago and got it on 1/8/09. however they didnt charge me extra for the carbon fiber lid. they called me regarding the availability of the carbon fiber and that was all that had and i said thats fine, so they sent me that and i only paid for the 3800 lid.
                      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

ahh i see, they said only the carbon fiber will be available at the extra cost so i guess i'll try my luck later or hope i run into a seller on ebay. thanks for your help man!

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...

Is this a good tiime to sell my Whisper Lid and put the Home Depot Lid back in?
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Yea you can probably get away with selling it at retail price, not used

Comment

lemme know if you're really thinking about selling it

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X