Which Muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Muffler?

Magnaflow sounds nice on my Camaro....and its stainless.

Thats what I voted for

Comment

I had the Edelbrock cat back system on my bird. Hated it.

I've been hearing Magnaflow sounds good.
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

magnaflow sounds better than edelbrock, ive heard both before.

magnaflow is a good choice, not too loud, not too quite.

fwiw my car sounds better idleing-2000rpms than my buddys ls1 trans am with long tubes, not cats and a magnaflow cat back. no bs,he thinks so too. ill get a vid side by side some time.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I picked other- Dynomax Super Turbo. The sound and performance is bar none in its price range. I've got a couple higher RPM sound clips if you want some links.

Comment

Hooker Aerochamber has been ordered :)
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
              Hooker Aerochamber has been ordered :)
              did anyone even mention that.....lol good luck, post vid asap!

Comment

i got borla on mine. very happy with it
                Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                  did anyone even mention that.....lol good luck, post vid asap!
                  Nope :P. It's one of the options, and I've had it picked out for a while. I've only heard of 2 others running it, and they love it; it was either this or Magnaflow, and I had a Magnaflow before. Loved the sound, but was abit too loud for all the city driving I do. If I don't like the hooker, it'll be replaced with a Magnaflow most likely
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Comment

Hooker is installed; I'll try and get a sound clip up tomorrow
                    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                    A few things

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
                      Hooker is installed; I'll try and get a sound clip up tomorrow
                      do you like it? louder, quiter than the last set-up? rasp? drone?
                      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

yeah i really want to hear it. been thinking of switching the magnaflow for something new.

Comment

Not the best clip, but you get the idea. Definitely quieter then my last set-up (Cherry Bomb Vortex), but still loud enough to turn heads; it's not annoyingly/obnoxiously loud. Sounds somewhat similar to my last set-up too, with not as much rasp; under load it sounds alot better, so I might get a fly-by sometime soon. All in all, I like it and would recommend it; everyone I've talked to says it'll only get deeper and less raspy as it burns in :) From in the cabin, it reminds me a 350Z; haven't really heard it from the outside yet (except for the clip; only I drive my car :P)
                          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                          A few things

Comment

sounds really good...camera might be too close. 350z.......nah lol those 3.5l have a sound that is all their own.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                              sounds really good...camera might be too close. 350z.......nah lol those 3.5l have a sound that is all their own.
                              Ya, I didn't realize it was that close; and I swear it sounds similar to a 350Z in the car! Outside is a different story, but riding around town, in the car, it reminds me of a 350 :)
                              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                              A few things

Comment

Sounds good, I voted too late :( EFF, sounds like a pissed off cat lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                                  Low Voltage
                                  by Vladimir Gecko
                                  I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                                  1 hour ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  5 days ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X