Finally got some exhaust vids (XR-1) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got some exhaust vids (XR-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got some exhaust vids (XR-1)

Ok so the videos didn't turn out too great. Exhaust is so loud so it didn't exactly turn out the way it sounds in person. Closest one though is the fly-by. That actually sounds like it does in person.

The first clip is me leaving my friends driveway and setting off someones car alarm when I start the car up . You can hear it drown out the music instantly.
    When I am just cruising @ like 40 mph, coins bounce up and down in the tray it rattles so much So obviously the cheap camera mic isn't going to pick it up very clearly. You can get an idea from the last clip though. Actually if you listen carefully from like 0:17-0:23 you hear coins and plastic rattling, I let off the gas, it stops, then starts again at 0:26.

The last clip I wanted to get a full throttle fly-by so you can hear it at WOT. I don't think it sounds too bad, especially for not having headers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbbCE2RJ-jg

Re: Finally got some exhaust vids (XR-1)

you may like it now, but give it a little bit and you will run full exhaust.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
      you may like it now, but give it a little bit and you will run full exhaust.
      I've had it like that for 3 months now :wavey:

Hell I ran open Y for a month.

And I'm going turbo soon so it will probably stay like that (downpipe to XR-1 dumped).

Comment

i had to run with open y when i put on my headers for like a month till i got paid again, by then i was sick of it...i liked it for the first week, then i got sick of it...
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

It's not my taste, I'm glad I my XR-1 back for the Dynomax Super Turbo.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i had the same setup. and i also had to take all my change out of the cup holder lol. But i got sick of the resonating. But here's how it sounded with headers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNOdB...e=channel_page

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

True duals would be nice. But now that I'm going turbo (single.. lol) it's not going to be possible..

Comment

Originally posted by xmetallicaxguitaristx View Post
                True duals would be nice. But now that I'm going turbo (single.. lol) it's not going to be possible..
                I hear that about going turbo, since I will be, you could do twin turbo's and just have the down pipes come straight out the back,the ultimate true duals. LOL
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  I hear that about going turbo, since I will be, you could do twin turbo's and just have the down pipes come straight out the back,the ultimate true duals. LOL
                  Except that I'm already getting an FFF kit lol.

Comment

I'm going with a FFH design with a GT35R turbo. I hope to get everything together and put on in about 2 months.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X