Finally got the new exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the new exhaust

Well went down to the muffler shop and got a flowmaster 80 series installed. Sounds awsome. I know some people on this forum and full throttle forum are not big fans of the flowmaster 80. I am quite pleased with the sound. I had a flowmaster on the car before but it was only a single exit (dont know why the previous owner went with that but whatever) and it sounded ok but it was a bit too high pitched and well come on, single exit? Now it not only looks good but sounds great imo! Here are a few pics.

Please excuse the dirty car. The weather has been a bit crappy around here lately and I havnt got a chance to wash it.

Re: Finally got the new exhaust

looks good. give it a little bit to burn in, the sound will get better. my rumbler sounded like crap the first month.

one tip, grab a can of spray paint and spray the welds as best you can, not sure how the weather is or if you drive the car in the snow but the welds rust much faster than the rest of the tubing.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I had my 80 with quad tips , it rasped alot, even put a 24" resonator on it and it still rasped at higher rpms, tired a 40 series same thing, put on a Summit turbo 3" in/out with a single 3" turn down and it has been the best exhaust yet, even took off the resonator. I have ordered a dynomax 3" muffler since it is a true 3" inside instead of 2.5" Summit turbo, so will see how that sounds with a 3" turn down. This is also with RK sport headers and a VS cam. The exhaust tips look good on your car and as long as you like it then that is all that matters.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by loser View Post
        one tip, grab a can of spray paint and spray the welds as best you can, not sure how the weather is or if you drive the car in the snow but the welds rust much faster than the rest of the tubing.
        Thanks for the tip!! I will definately be doing that!

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          The exhaust tips look good on your car and as long as you like it then that is all that matters.
          Thanks. I agree with you. Its all personal preference. However I did do a pretty good search on both forums before I bought the exhaust and I almost went with the magnaflow. One of the reasons I went with the flowmaster is I had a 79 Camaro when I was stationed in Germany and it had flowmasters on it and It sounded great. Of course that was a 350!:drool:

Comment

haha man we got the same thing
            and mine sounds awesome so i know exactly what yours sounds like.
            flowmaster FTW!

Comment

Yeah man! Awesome! Definately sounds good. I am stoked!!!!!!

Comment

My American Thunder cat back took some time to break in (a few weeks), but now it sounds great. Especially with the Pacesetter headers. I am VERY satisfied with it. But, different people like different things so the most important thing is to get an exhaust that sounds how you want it to sound.

Congrats on the new exhaust!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X