Maganaflow cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maganaflow cat

Right now my exhaust sounds great a idle and in low rpms, then i get the notorious rasp, my cat is busted right now so i think its adding to the rasp, so i found a magnaflow cat super cheap brand new on craigslist and bought it

right now i am fabbing it up so it can fit right on my car to get it on later in the week, do you thinking taking out my busted cat and adding the high flow magnaflow will take out some of the rasp? or should i go a route

Re: Maganaflow cat

should help the sound. the carsound cats are pretty much the most popular for our cars
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

why is that? are they better then a magnaflow?

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
        why is that? are they better then a magnaflow?
        uh they are the same...magnaflow cats are carsound cats. lol

the full name is a magnaflow carsound catalytic converter. see their site ;)

Comment

right now i am fabbing it up so it can fit right on my car to get it on later in the week, do you thinking taking out my busted cat and adding the high flow magnaflow will take out some of the rasp?
          yea

or should i go a route
          "go a route" what?

Comment

a different route is what i meant

i had no idea carsound was the same thing ha, ya im about to go to my buddies and weld in a pipe to the cat so it will fit on my camaro since its a little shorter than the stock cat

hoping it will sound better, what else can improve the sound and eliminate rasp?
            Last edited by Fondle; 01-07-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

i had no idea carsound was the same thing ha, ya im about to go to my buddies and weld in a pipe to the cat so it will fit on my camaro since its a little shorter than the stock cat

hoping it will sound better, what else can improve the sound and eliminate rasp?
              a v8.

Comment

headers, cam, forced induction

Comment

just like the summer time blues, we still dont have a cure.

you will however run into people who claim to have eliminated it, but with so many variables to include, its hard to say what to do to have your car sound like theirs.
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X