Borla XR-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borla XR-1

I was thinking about adding the borla on, I have the Summit turbo right now mandreal bent over the axle 3" in/out with a single 3" turn down. I have RK sport headers, 3" exhaust , no cat and a cutout before the muffler, with the cutout open it does rasp at high rpms. If I just replaced it with the Borla XR-1 with a 3" turn down , I know it is going to be louder, but will it rasp like other mufflers at high rpms? With the Summit turbo I have no rasp even at 6000 rpms. Or I was thinking of moving the cutout back somemore and still running the Summit turbo on the drivers side with a 3" turn down and coming off the cutout running the Borla XR-1 with a 3" turn down on the passenger side. This way I could open the cutout as much as I wanted letting the Borla get some exhuast flow through it and hoping it won't rasp. Plus having dual 3" turn downs. Whats your thouhts?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Borla XR-1

i have the dynomax superturbo (i think its the same as the summit turbo) and i would not get rid of it for a borla...... a borla in person sounds like **** alot of rasp.. just my opinion though
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I think I'm just going to go with a 3" Dynomax Super Turbo , then at least it will be a true 3" muffler, instead of the Summit 2.5" turbo muffler.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 01-04-2009, 03:46 AM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i loved my superturbo so much i bought one for my 3000gt vr4
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Nice , thats what I like to hear.

Comment

Get the borla.

Comment

I would get the Borla but it is a straight through design, not chambered, so it will rasp more. I know the Summit Turbo I have now their isn't any rasp up to 6000 rpms. I just wanted a little louder than the Summit, which the insides of the Summit is 2.5" and the Dynomax is a 3" inside and also chambered, so it should be a little louder. I also have a 3" cutout in back but with that open it rasps alot when I get on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                I would get the Borla but it is a straight through design, not chambered, so it will rasp more. I know the Summit Turbo I have now their isn't any rasp up to 6000 rpms. I just wanted a little louder than the Summit, which the insides of the Summit is 2.5" and the Dynomax is a 3" inside and also chambered, so it should be a little louder. I also have a 3" cutout in back but with that open it rasps alot when I get on it.
                I went from a chambered one to a straight through design. Now is less louder, but the sound is deeper. I don't know if this helps.
                Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

I went with the Dynomax Super Turbo, I really thought about it, if I want it louder I can open my cutout. So will see how it goes. Thanks for the replys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X