Exhaust burn in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust burn in?

How long does it take usually for a new exhaust burn in? I just a had a magnaflow muffller and high flow cat installed about 4 days ago, will the sound of it change anymore?

Re: Exhaust burn in?

Once the carbon builds up into everything, it will get less high pitched, less raspy some. I would give it a couple of months depending on how much you drive it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i've heard it can take up to a year or so, but mine seemed to mellow out after a couple months.

Comment

With my flowmaster, it actually got louder, but less trumpet-ee. took about two or three months.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

took mine a couple months...

Comment

i hope so mine sounds pretty ricey right now

Comment

My magnaflow took about 2 weeks to burn in. Except for around 5000+ rpm, it has a nice rumble.

Comment

Mine still sounds bad about like 4200...
                heres a bad clip of mine at the track...im the loud one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzjQbJ1dhi8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kten7O1tnfo
                Last edited by flamingchicken; 01-05-2009, 02:19 PM.
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

just go to the track for a few nights and beat the heck out of it
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                    Mine still sounds bad about like 4200...
                    heres a bad clip of mine at the track...im the loud one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzjQbJ1dhi8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kten7O1tnfo
                    wow, that engine sounds way overcammed

i hope that is a track only car

Comment

you too can have that same cam, for the low price of pull the brake booster hose!

it makes it smell funny, but i dont think it causes any real harm....hopefully not.
                      Team NoVa

Comment

Dumb Question:

Since I got my new exhaust almost a year ago. I've noticed a bad smell. I am thinking that is from my K&N FIPK that has thrown a code and causing the engine to run lean or rich. I'm sure my cat is probably dead and causing some of it. The car is a 2000 with 70,000 miles and drives maybe every other weekend. Could that smell be the exhaust breaking in?
                        2000 White Firebird <br />K&N Filter, Aluminum Driveshaft<br /><br />95 White Firebird - Laid to Rest<br />K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Exhaust, Jet Chip

Comment

Sounds like a bad cat.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                            you too can have that same cam, for the low price of pull the brake booster hose!

it makes it smell funny, but i dont think it causes any real harm....hopefully not.
                            Please dont take me wrong, im not trying to be a smart a** but what benefit do you get from pulling the break booster line? Sorry if it is a dumb question.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmySgt97 View Post
                              Please dont take me wrong, im not trying to be a smart a** but what benefit do you get from pulling the break booster line? Sorry if it is a dumb question.
                              Purely to make the car run like crap and sound like a cam, no performance increase at all. I wouldnt DARE try to drive it...im just a retard like that...
                              Last edited by flamingchicken; 01-11-2009, 01:57 AM.
                              Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X