egr tube problem on an 02 3.8 camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

egr tube problem on an 02 3.8 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egr tube problem on an 02 3.8 camaro

iam installing my 160 degree thermo and i cant seem to get to the bottom bolt thats holding the egr tube in place. (I finally got the top one out with a little muscle.) :rock: but there is SO LITTLE room to work with. and i wanted to get this done this weekend, since its my daily driver. :( how can i get to this bottom bolt thing thats holding the egr tube in place? i tried just taking the 2 bolt things that are holding the thermostat housing in place but theres not enough room with all the **** thats in the way. these f-bodys give such little room to work with :rant: someone help me :(

Re: egr tube problem on an 02 3.8 camaro

can anyone please help me? :(

Comment

thanks for all the help guys :). im going to try and use a long extension to get to the bottom bolt on the egr. if that doesnt work small plyers.

Comment

use extensions...or use a wrench from under the car
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i ended up getting to the thermostat, and puttting in the 160 thermo without taking the egr tube out. thanks though.

Comment

i wish they would have given our cars more room to work in. they are a pita to work on
            Leonard
            www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
            sigpic

Comment

ya man so true

Comment

The EGR tube isn't that tough... All you needed to do was bend (not crimp) it out of the way a little bit. You can do that with your hands. I have never had to take off the EGR for the t-stat.
                '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
                '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
                '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Logger View Post
                  The EGR tube isn't that tough... All you needed to do was bend (not crimp) it out of the way a little bit. You can do that with your hands. I have never had to take off the EGR for the t-stat.
                  yeah, i was very confused by this post dealing with the egr

Comment

ya i ended up bending it i just wasnt sure at first bc i didnt want to damage anything. but i just kind of moved/bent it to the side a little to get to the thermo, sorry for the confusion lol. the instructions for the hypertech thermo said to "remove the egr tube". oh and btw it came with a gasket already on it which was surprising. sucks that i bought a gasket for it bc i didnt think it would come with one, and i ended up with an extra gasket lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X