Cat is rattling looking for input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat is rattling looking for input

I have a 99 3.8, manual, firebird convert. My cat is starting to rattle. The problem is that My car has California emissions. There are 3 O2 sensors and a special converter. Magnaflow now offers a direct fit replacement for my car. 1) Has anyone compared replacement of just the converter against the whole mandrel bent y-pipe and converter replacement. There is a substantial price delta.
    2) Do the Pacesetter hedders connect directly to the factory y-pipe w/o mods. I want a clean install, not one that requires a ton of fab. this car is a daily driver.
    3) how many people actually come up with the short O2 sensor leads? I am reading conflicting reports here.

any other input is appreciated. Thanks
    chris

Re: Cat is rattling looking for input

Originally posted by pontiac guy View Post
    2) Do the Pacesetter hedders connect directly to the factory y-pipe w/o mods. I want a clean install, not one that requires a ton of fab. this car is a daily driver.
    no, but you won't have to worry about that because the pacesetter headers come with a y-pipe for them

Comment

Get magnaflow replacement

Comment

I'm getting my exhaust installed this week, so if your interested in a stock replacement cat less than 1 year old let me know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X