Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers

i want to get some pace setter headers, but there is 2 kinds, the black kind, and the armor coated, which would give me the best hp/tq/sound

http://www.gvperformance.com/store/i...&productId=130
    http://www.gvperformance.com/store/i...&productId=131

Re: Headers

same hp and tq, even the same sound.

only difference you will see is that they will stay nice and shiny as opposed to rusting within a few weeks, as well as lowering the temperature of your engine bay dramatically.

I don't have armor coated and those things heat up the engine bay like you can't imagine.

Comment

armor coat ftw! save up and do it right you won't regret it.
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

alright good deal, when i get my tax return i might pick up a set!

Comment

i say why bother.....what we did was got bbq spray paint. and painted the headers again before we put them on. they are holding up veryyyyy well.

i think it's a total waste of money
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

so your saying get the regular headers, and re-coat them my self?

Comment

For a daily drive wanting a little more sound/power the painted ones are fine.

For an all out most efficient power application go with coated it hasn't been mentioned, but the coating actually helps reduce engine bay heat making the car more efficient and less likely to lose power due to heat.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
                as well as lowering the temperature of your engine bay dramatically.
                Originally posted by Nachius View Post
                For an all out most efficient power application go with coated it hasn't been mentioned, but the coating actually helps reduce engine bay heat making the car more efficient and less likely to lose power due to heat.
                really now. What's the average temperature difference, plus or minus 10 degrees? Last I checked, there is no proven, quantifiable difference between the two, in terms of power, torque or sound and especially not in underhood temps.
                Last edited by Smoke Panther; 12-09-2008, 03:37 PM.

Comment

chad you forgot the part where i said my engine bay heats up very quickly and gets very hot.

now i don't know if there is a difference in underhood temps but i can tell you that my non coated do cause the temps to get up there and fast.

go back in your hole.

Comment

I've had my RK sport coated headers for 9 years they still look great. This is in AZ, 115 degree temps or more in the summer time outside. They are holding up great, so I would recommend getting the coated, but if you don't plan on keeping the car along time then get the painted.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

chad you forgot the part where i said my engine bay heats up very quickly and gets very hot.
                      and coated headers solved that problem? Oh, that's right...you don't actually have them. Or data to support that. You have speculation, and what you've heard 2nd hand from other people
                      now i don't know if there is a difference in underhood temps
                      then don't say there is. This is a technical section, after all
                      but i can tell you that my non coated do cause the temps to get up there and fast.
                      if your underhood temps are so high, that it's causing performance loss and damage to components, you have a bigger problem than if your headers sparkle in the sunlight or not.

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with Smoke Panther on this one. Coated headers don't really do much in the way of containing heat. If there is any difference between coated/painted, then it would be very minimal. Not enough to make a difference. The coating is primarily there to prevent rust and keep the headers looking nice. Over time, the coating can fade and rust though. Depends on the application. If you want pretty looking coated headers and don't mind throwing in additional money, then go for it. But if you just want the headers and don't really care how they look down there or have a tight budget, then just buy them uncoated. You can always paint them yourself or just install them as they are. You're not going to find a comparable difference in performance with between the two to justify buying one or the other.
                        '99 Camaro
                        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

To protect from rust and chips, I used (brush on) Por15 High Temp Paint on my exhaust when I built it last summer. The Por15 paint is almost bulletproof! ...almost :)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
                            and coated headers solved that problem? Oh, that's right...you don't actually have them. Or data to support that. You have speculation, and what you've heard 2nd hand from other people

then don't say there is. This is a technical section, after all

if your underhood temps are so high, that it's causing performance loss and damage to components, you have a bigger problem than if your headers sparkle in the sunlight or not.

apparently you have no idea either, so stfu.

since you want to be an a$$, lets take a look at the TECHNICAL aspect of coated headers taken right from the mod. encyclopedia!!!!

"The ceramic coating increases the price but acts as an excellent insulator, keeping the 800+ degree exhaust gas heat inside the primaries so they do not leak into the engine bay. The result is that ceramic headers lead to higher flow and lower engine bay temperatures, giving a strong boost to performance."

shove it chad.

Comment

apparently you have no idea either, so stfu.
                              Unlike you, I never claimed to know. If you'd actually expend a bit of mental energy and read my posts, all I've said is that there's no proof of your, or anyone else's claims to performance differences between coated and uncoated headers. I never said one was better, or that one was worse...that's just you putting words in people's mouths.
                              since you want to be an a$$, lets take a look at the TECHNICAL aspect of coated headers taken right from the mod. encyclopedia!!!!
                              yea, the very same mod encyclopedia that says 4.10 gears are too tall for a V6 to be beneficial, even though all the record holding NA V6 cars have at least 4.10s...and in one case, even higher
                              "The ceramic coating increases the price but acts as an excellent insulator, keeping the 800+ degree exhaust gas heat inside the primaries so they do not leak into the engine bay. The result is that ceramic headers lead to higher flow and lower engine bay temperatures, giving a strong boost to performance."
                              Are there dyno numbers to show this strong boost? Are there track times to show the significant increase? Did someone expend the effort to stick a thermometer underneith the hood for a regular DD? No, No, and never been done.

I'm asking for proof. If you can't give it in the form of something that shows numbers, go have your little temper tantrum someplace else Max.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X