Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on my d.d.

98 3.8 camaro 122k miles, body mint

was driving about 2 weeks ago, noticed a ticking from engine. thought it was a lifter or something. got worse and worse, now, i can smell exaust fumes in the car now.

driver side manifold gasket cracked. (got louder, and smells)

question, i can do a little bit on cars, mufflers, brakes, tune ups and stuff... is this something i can do myself?

i guess im afraid of taking off the manifold :(

hey at least i can see all the bolts lol, looked at my LT1 and i remembered why i never did headers

Re: question on my d.d.

gunna have to grow some balls at some point and go at it if u want to fix it. othewise pay someone to do it.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by coco95z28 View Post
      driver side manifold gasket cracked. (got louder, and smells)

question, i can do a little bit on cars, mufflers, brakes, tune ups and stuff... is this something i can do myself?
      easily

Comment

spray em up..unbolt/replace gasket/ bolt back up

Comment

welp here it goes, 10 pm 2night i go outside and start messing around. took off the EGR valve thing and the gasket was all spilt and cracked. cleaned it off real good and put it all back together... (didnt have another gasket) and the noise went away:wavey:

now theres a huge leak, and the car at idol goes from 500-1000 rpm :banana:

should be interesting on the way 2 work 2maro.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            4 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X