Pacesetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacesetter

Alright, so a buddy of mine is unloading a set of pacesetter headers and y pipe for the 3.4, im picking it all up brand new for 60 bucks, in this case im not gonna ask, im not gonna tell. I talked to my mechanic, and im gonna get it done after hours, for like $150(cash), yes this is all fly by night. I know there was a thread about getting some copper gaskets made, and before say use the search button, i know, i know, i looked, and can't find it, all i want to know is did the deal for custom 3.4 header gaskets pan out, if so, is it too late to get involved?

Re: Pacesetter

first off do it your self.....second....if the install in done correct....you shouldn't need a copper gasket. i've been running with stock pacesetter gaskets for over 3 years now *knock on wood*

drive out to lower pottsgrove and use my garage:wavey:
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Well, if the dude has a good rep then go for it. ask him if you can check up on his work though
      Leonard
      www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
      sigpic

Comment

I've had great results using felpro gaskets and copper spray sealant on my RK Sport headers. I just spray the gaskets about 30 min. to an hour before putting them on so their nice and tacky. They sealed up very well also the fel pro's have 2 slots in them so you can keep 2 bolts in and just slide in the gaskets, makes for a very easy job.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

abbott racing gaskets, go to their site and tell them your application.

Comment

Alright, i'll look into the abbott racing gaskets, and seriously i would love to do this myself, but honestly, im just a highschool kid and my knowledge is limited, and at the moment, the guy that has been teaching me is well not available, so its looking like i'll be taking it to the shop.

Comment

Here's an install guide (taken from 97rs4life's sig). It's for 3.8s, but you should be able to get an idea of what the process would be like for your car.

Header Install Guide
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

don't get the crappy fel pro gaskets for the 3.4 or even worse, use the stock pacesetter gaskets!

pick up a pair of fiero header gaskets for around 23$, they fit perfectly and have more gasket to them than the others.

heed my advice!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  4 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X