HELP! Exhaust leak killing car!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Exhaust leak killing car!!

When I started my car it is running like crap. There is a loud chugging noise, I looked and the exhaust is leaking bejind the last O2 sensor right after the brace. When I drive it the SES light starts to blink. Took it to autozone and they said they couldnt read the code. Could a exhaust leak after the O2 still effect it?? would this throw off the ratios and make it run crappy?

Re: HELP! Exhaust leak killing car!!

if you're SES light is blinking, you have a missfire that's so bad, that it's throwing off the A/F ratio. Check plugs/wires/coilpacks

Comment

I checked all the wires, plugs, and coil pack, all the plugs are in and I pulled all the wires off and the plugs are clean. I just replaced the plugs and wires about 5k ago. My car is lowered and I think I rubbed something before I parked the car, this would explain the exhaust leak. Could that cause the misfire??

Comment

I pushed on the back of the exhaust system and it moved forward, started the car and it ran fan. Had the codes read and it had been throwing like 6 different codes. I will have to tighten up the bolts today and watch where I drive.

Comment

exhaust leak will not cause a misfire

Comment

Your header bolts tight?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X