Single Exhaust Question-My 1st Post!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Exhaust Question-My 1st Post!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Exhaust Question-My 1st Post!!!

Hi everyone, I finally stopped lurking and decided to join up. My 1st post is a question I'm hoping some of you have some experience with, single exhaust all the way back.
    I have a 99 camaro convertible with a 3.8 v6, it currently has a transverse muffler (1 in, dual tail pipes) but I have heard that this is an ineffiecient design. I'm exploring the possibility of eliminating the transverse muffler and replacing it with a universal Borla or Dynomax so the system is 1 single pipe and 1 resonated tail pipe. I want to retain the cat so it would be from the cat back. Anyone do this mod already? What diameter pipe should I use, current 2.25 or 2.5 from cat back? Anyone currently using a Borla or Dynomax muffler on their v6? I want to avoid the dreaded ricer sound at all costs.
    Any help will be graetly appreciated. Thanks for helping the "new guy"! :banana:

Re: Single Exhaust Question-My 1st Post!!!

the TSP Rumbler catback is essentially, designed like that...and tons of people have that

Comment

go watch the vid i posted in the other one about sound.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Here is a sound clip of what I would like to achieve even though it's on a mustang. This guy has a K&N air filter and a Borla muffler, everything else is stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7K3umsPKAM

Anyone have a mostly stock camaro v6 with these mods??

Comment

Originally posted by nitetime_pr View Post
          Here is a sound clip of what I would like to achieve even though it's on a mustang. This guy has a K&N air filter and a Borla muffler, everything else is stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7K3umsPKAM

Anyone have a mostly stock camaro v6 with these mods??
          http://forum.camarov6.com/poll.php?d...sults&pollid=7
          ^yea, a few

Comment

Wow, thanks Smoke. I'm surprised that so many have similar mods and yet, so few are willing to share their experience with them. Am I to assume that every one of these members are totally happy with their purchase and have no regrets or changed opinions of the product they purchased?
            C'mon FirebirdV6 users, share the knowledge!!

Comment

i have heard them all on an fbody (in person) lowmaster, dynomax, magnaflow, borla, rumbler... and owned several haha and dynomax byfar the best torque and sound!!!
              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
              1991 3000GT VR4
              2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by nitetime_pr View Post
                Wow, thanks Smoke. I'm surprised that so many have similar mods and yet, so few are willing to share their experience with them. Am I to assume that every one of these members are totally happy with their purchase and have no regrets or changed opinions of the product they purchased?
                C'mon FirebirdV6 users, share the knowledge!!
                yea cuz you totally can't PM them or anything

Comment

i have magna flow and love it, it costs a bit to buy and ship to canada :(, obviously not as much as borla. but i have nothing to complain about. it sounds great lost a little bit of lower end torque but gained in the higher end rpms. i also have not had another exhaust so i cannot compare but flowmaster seems to be pretty popular. i heard flowmaster has a rasp so i stayed away from it when i made my purchase. i get a little rasp myself :( only when at idle and reving the engine, while the engine revs down it rasps a little.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X