how good would this sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how good would this sound?

if you put a stock ls1 exhaust on a 3.8?

Re: how good would this sound?

Probably something similar to this.

Originally posted by greasemonkey View Post
    Stock tubular manifolds, stock Y and S pipe, Z28 take off exhaust
    http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...=ryanmovie.flv
    The free rev isn't as poppy as it sounds, its the camera. Either way I don't go around free revving anyways.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

^That doesn't sound too bad. I like the interior sound better though.
      sigpic

Comment

sounds like ****

i would be curious to hear how it sounds under load outside the car, need a drive by soundclip
        1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
        Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
        sigpic

Comment

yea that doesnt sound too hot
          2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Sounds like a weed wacker, LOL Summit turbo FTW. Nice interior sound and a nice tone throughout the rpms with no rasp.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

anyone get rid of the rasp yet?? i saw one green camaro with a borla dumped at the diff, but i dont wanna do that. mine is super raspy, ill try to get some clips up.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Hey, my current exhaust system is either a ls1 or lt1 pull off (just bought the car). It is quiet, especially inside while driving and rasps ever so slightly when the rpms build up. It's not bad and not great either. I posted earlier today about switching to a single exhaust all the way back with a Borla or Dynomax for a better/slightly louder tone. Hope this helps...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMdRV9ZHH3M

i found it. this has bery little rasp, but also a cam. so...
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

i dont feel like listening to the clips but i used to have one off a v8 on mine. Its nothing too spectacular but it sounds alot better than stock. just about any aftermarket catback will sound better but it will definatly sound better than stock so if you found a good deal, do it

Comment

I have a VS cam, RKsport headers, 3" exhaust , no cat, into a 3" cutout then into a 3" in/out Summit Turbo muffler with a 3" turn down. With the cutout closed shifting at 6000 rpms there is no rasp. I have a little rasp with the cutout open past 4000 rpms. But it is a very good muffler for sound.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i have pacestter headers, 3" cat and then a factory SLP dual exhaust off a SS. Its like the stock ls1s but flows a little better. My vid is in the exhuast clip section if you wanted to check it out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X