Gutting a Catalytic Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutting a Catalytic Converter

How exactly would one go about gutting a cat? also does anybody know if the stock cat on a 2001 is welded on or a bolt on?

Re: Gutting a Catalytic Converter

you tie it up, stretching the front & rear legs apart. take a knife & slit it........ oh, the other cat... get a pipe & bang the shiz outta it like it a $5k whore, let the crusty stuff shake out like a 5cent whore, then repeat until there's nothing left to bang, like a 97yr old whore.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

ok so i basically shake the inner parts of it out? how do i get off the cat? does that require cutting it out or just taking off some bolts?

Comment

You will probably be able to unbolt the engine side of it, and have to cut the rear pipe. Make sure you cut in a place that is easier to get to with a welder. Once you get it off take a piece of pipe or bar and hammer it through cat to break up the inside. You should be able to see inside of it to make sure you get it all.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go View Post
          you tie it up, stretching the front & rear legs apart. take a knife & slit it........ oh, the other cat... get a pipe & bang the shiz outta it like it a $5k whore, let the crusty stuff shake out like a 5cent whore, then repeat until there's nothing left to bang, like a 97yr old whore.
          :rock:

Comment

Personally I used a pry bar on my friends GTO.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X