throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle body

Driving home the yesterday, my car started smoking, bright white smoke. my wife said it smelled like antifreeze. (i can't smell). i got it to the house and started to pull stuff apart, i found anti freeze in the intake. bought a new gasket, and a bolt (broke one). i reset the gasket prob 6 or 7 times, fixed most of the prob but still getting some antifreeze leaking from that spot, car runs fine, other then the leak. if i cant get another gasket to work, then should i try to get a tb spacer with the coolant delete? i have tried searching the forums about the tb spacer, i don't care about the argument of if it helps or not, i just my car to run.... i hate driving my honda. if anyone may know what the hell i am doing wrong plz let me know. thanks

Re: throttle body

oh i forgot.... 02 electronic throttle, a4

Comment

Odd.. It could possibly be an upper intake manifold gasket.

And, how do you go about installing the gasket? Do you clean the old gasket off completely? Use gasket maker?

If all else fails then sure the spacer won't hurt anything.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i completly cleaned both surfaces, and put the gasket on. pretty sure its that spot, i get moisture on the back of the throttle. and every time i mess with it the amount of smoke is diffrent. almost got it earlier, drove around for ten minutes and it started with a bit of smoke, and zzperformance.com must not like us anymore I couldn't find anything for f bodies.

Comment

Moisture on the back of the throttle body? Like, on the exterior? Get some gasket maker, apply it to each side of the gasket then install it. Let it sit for a long time.. like over night before you try to run the car again. You're not gouging the surfaces with a sharp instrument to remove the old gasket material right? If it's even sticking.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

lol no not gouging, what was left of the old gasket came off pretty easy, when i go to the parts store to try another gasket i'll try the gasket maker. thanks. if its still messed up i'll start looking for a tb spacer.... by the way do all tb spacers plug up the coolant lines or just certain ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Jago2hot View Post
              lol no not gouging, what was left of the old gasket came off pretty easy, when i go to the parts store to try another gasket i'll try the gasket maker. thanks. if its still messed up i'll start looking for a tb spacer.... by the way do all tb spacers plug up the coolant lines or just certain ones?
              There's only one coolant channel that runs through the TB at the bottom and it's basically a block off plate.
              I've actually put some gasket maker stuff in the channel in my throttle body. I had to do some stuff to the throttle body area for my turbo install and I went ahead and filled it in while I had it off. I've had no ill effects that I've seen or noticed.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

ok, i'll prob try filling them in if i can't get this to work. If i fill it in should i just do the channle on the throttle body or do the holes on the plenum or both?

Comment

i had the same problem. i got a new gasket and used gasket maker too. never saw a drop again. make sure that it's cleaned off and flat.
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

good to hear i am not the only one that has had this prob, i ll try agian when i get off.... and pick up another gasket, and gasket maker

Comment

If you do decide to block off the coolant in the throttle body with RTV make sure you only fill the bottom channel. The other holes are used for things other than coolant.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

just wanted to let you guys know i am pretty sure i got it. it is "steaming" from the exhaust a bit, but no more leakage from the tb, and no smoking from the block, or my gigantic exhuast leak, looks like its just burning up sitting water/coolant now.. drove it about 150 miles today/lastnight to work and the engine is running better then it has in a while, and i lost my low circut 02 code. lol just wanted to tell you guys thanks agian!

Comment

Glad to hear that.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X