My new home made intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new home made intake

Took about 1 hour total for painting and gluing everything together. in total it cost me $50 and i can feel aa little more horsepower, but i can also hear it sucking in alot more air and it sounds badd *** :)

i left the factory air box on there till i can figure out something to putt there

Re: My new home made intake

Looks good.... but I think the factory air box is better due to it doesnt have all the bends and feeds more air. I would go back.

Comment

Not to mention the factory air box doesn't suck in hot air from the engine compartment.
      sigpic

Comment

looks pretty good
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I would seriously consider sticking with the original setup. Just a buy a lid and a K&N and you're set. You can even cut out part of the lower box to free up some more air travel, along with buying/making one of those scoops that goes down near the air dam to bring in more air. That 90* bend you have right before your throttle body is not helping you at all, as well as with the hot engine air surrounding the filter.

What made you consider doing this if you don't mind me asking. It's just an odd thing to do, especially on the newer models where the intake setup is one of the best designs made on F-body's.
          <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

if you routed that downwards, to where there is some cool air, you may see some real benefits

Comment

for our cars, we need this.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ilencer+intake

i did it on my car and it actually helped, and the free ram air makes it pull as hard from 55-75 as it does from 0-40.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

i kind of did it just for looks, it looks alot more cool, and it also makes it sound better, but i dont really see how having a 90* makes a difference, its air, its not solid, it doesnt seem like it would make it harder to travel or anything

i had a k&n filter for the stock air box and i didnt feel any difference over stock so i figured i would just try something just for giggles

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
                  i kind of did it just for looks, it looks alot more cool, and it also makes it sound better, but i dont really see how having a 90* makes a difference, its air, its not solid, it doesnt seem like it would make it harder to travel or anything

i had a k&n filter for the stock air box and i didnt feel any difference over stock so i figured i would just try something just for giggles
                  it makes a huge difference

why do you think they have a very little amount of bends in the intake plenum going to the heads?

think about water going down a hill, will it take more time going in a perfect straight line, or a huge zig zag around the hill

Comment

I'm having my duct work done in my house that I just bought and the guy doing it said he wanted to get rid of as many bends as possible due to each bend being like adding 10 to 15 feet of piping, there for slowing the air velocity greatly and would apply to anything involving air flow I'd assume.

As far as looks go though I think it looks pretty good.

Comment

It makes me wish we had the following smiley:

:lolbash:
                      Last edited by Everglades W68; 11-08-2008, 11:49 PM.
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

had what?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X