Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New electric cut-out installed

Had alot of fun installing this thing:

In case you're unsure of why it's installed next to my muffler, that's because of the way my exhaust is designed

I like to adjust the sound, but the plates that came with the setup and of the hassle of jacking the car up and getting underneath it every time just wasn't very practical.

The best part about it, is that I wired it up to a convertible top switch:

I still have to tuck the wires as you can see. Right now it's all a mess. I need to get another panel that holds the convertible switch and the 2nd gear start/Traction Control switch. The one have, it's clips are broken on the back side, and I don't feel like using silicone spread all over the back like I did before to hold the switches in place. I originally had a Camaro foglight switch on the left side rigged up to turn my fans on and off:

But since there's only enough room for 2 switches, I wired the fans up to the button on my shift knob since I never had anything wired up to it in the first place. It'll end up looking very similar to how it looks in the last picture when I'm done with it. In the end, this thing is great. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone, especially if you have the Borla setup that I have. It really completes the whole system. It's a blast driving around quiet one second, and push a switch to make it loud the next second.
    Last edited by blindeyed; 10-12-2008, 07:53 PM.
    <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Re: New electric cut-out installed

Looks good , nice clean install. I got mine in as well. I put my switch in my rear seat delete box on the passenger side. I like the adjustablilty of the sound. I'll see if I can get some pics of mine tomorrow.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Also is that a QTP cutout? Looks familiar, thats what I put in.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        Also is that a QTP cutout? Looks familiar, thats what I put in.
        Yup, it's the QTP. I was a little disappointed with the wiring that came with it. Looked like a guy in his garage put it together lol. The only connector I kept that came with it was the one that connected to the cutout. All the rest of the wiring I completely redid.

Comment

Originally posted by blindeyed View Post
          I like to adjust the sound, but the plates that came with the setup and of the hassle of jacking the car up and getting underneath it every time just wasn't very practical.
          I see what you're saying... but... it seems like a waste to put the cutout where a cutout already exists. ? I would've put it in front of, or behind, the catalyst. I run my Borla open at all times and if I ever want it closed, it's no big deal to get under there. So if I want obnoxious LOUD, I'm going all out and putting the cutout toward the front of the exhaust. Congrats on the setup. Glad you like it.
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl View Post
            I see what you're saying... but... it seems like a waste to put the cutout where a cutout already exists. ? I would've put it in front of, or behind, the catalyst. I run my Borla open at all times and if I ever want it closed, it's no big deal to get under there. So if I want obnoxious LOUD, I'm going all out and putting the cutout toward the front of the exhaust. Congrats on the setup. Glad you like it.
            lol.. I didn't exactly put a cutout where a cutout already exists. This is just essentially replacing those plates. At times, if I'm driving with a friend in the car, it makes it difficult to hear and speak with them, especially being partially deaf in my right ear. This is more so a convenience factor of being able to make the car quieter when I want to talk to that person, or opening it up when I'm by myself and feel like getting on it. Same goes for cops. If I'm next to a cop, it's pretty convenient to be able to flip a switch and make my car draw less attention.

It wasn't meant to go all out and be obnoxiously loud one second and quiet the next, if it seems like that's what I implied. Trust me, if that's what I was after I would have put another cutout up by where my cat used to be. I just like the convenience of this and flipping a switch to tune the exhaust to how I want it, rather than getting under the car and replacing the plates.

Comment

how low does it hang ? i would rotate the cutout so the motor doesnt hang on the bottom like that.
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

It's pretty low. I initially tried to mount it upwards but there wasn't enough clearance, the inner wheel well was in the way. I'm eventually going to pull the grinder out and grind some of it off and rotate it. There's only a little bit of metal in the way that needs cut out. I just didn't have enough daylight left to get that done when I installed it.

Comment

vid of it open?

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                    vid of it open?
                    Old video, no electric cutout installed, but that's what it sounds like fully open:
                    http://www.fquick.com/videos/Exhaust_on_my_3.4L/653

Comment

what is the point of an electric cut-out ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X