How does my exhaust sound,first mod!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does my exhaust sound,first mod!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does my exhaust sound,first mod!!

Hey how do you guys think this sounds? and is it a noisy lifter im hearin in the background?? sorry bout the wind noise.
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QrRulYdcZAY

Re: How does my exhaust sound,first mod!!

anyone??

Comment

Like most sounds good at idle , but it probably rasps above 3000 rpms.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

what does rasps mean??

Comment

Rasp= high pitched above a certain Rpm. Kind of like a honda with giant tip on it. Or a lawnmower high pitch sound. Most aftermarket exhausts on the 3.8's will sound like that. Not uncommon there are some mufflers that will not rasp, the Summit turbo mufffler is a good choice but they are single in and single out. I run a RK sport headers with a 3" exhaust with the 3" in/out Summit turbo muffler with a 3" turn down and it has no rasp shifting at 6000 rpms. It has been the best muffler I have bought, for $30. I have had the dynomax muffler from Rk sport with tips, 80 flowmaster with tips, 40 flowmaster with turn downs and the Summit turbo has been the best sounding through the RPMS so far.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

How high did you rev it? Sounds like you barely tapped the gas.

Comment

actually sounds pretty good but it didnt sound liked you reved it very high. btw be proud of rasp. my car rasps and runs a mid 14 most people dont even see it comming ;)

Comment

Sounds pretty good. If you want it to get deeper and louder, you would be amazed how much an intake and headers will do. Especially with a pre-98.

Comment

sounds good, but by some blackout for those taillights

Comment

a want to get some blackout and also some clear corners,know where they can be bought??

Comment

I think it sounds awesome! I've heard Magnaflows in person above 3,000 RPM's while sitting still and while under load and I've learned to love and embrace the rasp. To me it kinda sounds like an Acura NSX which is a big complement being that the NSX is considered a super car by many! Hey Leomac did you get the 3 inch piping with 3 inch exits? Or is it the 2 1/2 inch piping? Also did you install your S-pipe?

Comment

Its the 2 1/2 with 3 inch exits, and no i didnt install the s-pipe,should i have?

Comment

Yes better flow, if you have a 2inch s pipe and 2.5 mufflers your cars gonna flow like it still has 2in exhaust.

btw for just some black taillight covers

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/fi...smokepair.aspx

Comment

Well my mechanic just told me i didnt need the s-pipe, just wonder though how the system hooked up to the stock s-pipe if it was a different size??i never really looked

Comment

any good muffler shop now carries machines that can mandrel bend you an s pipe i had one made cheaper than buying one when i was putting my borla on and it does make a hell of a diff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X