3" QTP electric cutout arrived today - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3" QTP electric cutout arrived today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" QTP electric cutout arrived today

I was debating on buying one , first didn't want too, then got into spending mode and got it. I already have the 3" cutout before the muffler so this should be pretty nice since you can adjust it to where you want. I know a few people posted saying opening it half way sounds good so I'll be trying to get it installed this weekend I hope. I'll post the results.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: 3" QTP electric cutout arrived today

Just bought one from a guy on LS1Tech, can't wait to get it in. I've got the Borla cat-back with the adjustable plates, this thing will make life a whole lot easier. Going to wire it into a convertible top switch too, so everything will look stock.
    <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

Re: 3&quot; QTP electric cutout arrived today

Originally posted by blindeyed View Post
      Just bought one from a guy on LS1Tech, can't wait to get it in. I've got the Borla cat-back with the adjustable plates, this thing will make life a whole lot easier. Going to wire it into a convertible top switch too, so everything will look stock.
      ^ Nice, I think I have enough switches already up front so I decide I'm going to put it in my rear seat delete box on the pass. side, so I can just reach back and set it to where I like the sound and be done. My cutout is just before my Summit turbo muffler in the rear. It didn't sound good with the plate off, too raspy in the upper RPMS , but really good at idle and just part crusing. So I hope I can find a good setting to where it sounds good all the way around. Good luck on yours.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Finally got mine wired up and good to go, I love the sound of it at idle even the revs sound great, haven't went on a test drive yet, but it was a pretty easy install.

Comment

What was your install method? What Was Needed? Wire Splicing or What?

Comment

I suggest replacing the momentary switch with a new one ;)

I have yet to see a QTP cutout that didnt have problems with the switch.
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado
            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Install was easy 12 volt on ,ground and the wire running to the cutout. Took a drive with it tonight, works well. Can't really leave it all the way open, too much rasp. I left it about 1/4 open to 1/2 open, sounds mean. Switch seems to be working fine, no problems.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X