Close off Panel '98+ Camaros and Firebirds - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Close off Panel '98+ Camaros and Firebirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close off Panel '98+ Camaros and Firebirds

Do 98+ F-body's come with this panel to close off the opening located in the front driver's side engine bay in front of the fuse boxes, behind the headlamps?

Re: Close off Panel '98+ Camaros and Firebirds

You mean for like a cold air intake? 98+ use lids, so there's no need; pre98 had the piping with a filter on the end for an intake, and most people run them to that location and block them off to keep hot air from getting it; colder air = more power :)
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

SLP sells the block off plate.
      http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=210280430
      <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

Originally posted by blindeyed View Post
        Yeah, I was wondering if they came stock on 98+ cars so I could go pick it up for like $3 at the junkyard. I'm thinking that 98'+ lower driver side bumper panel does not have vents in it like the pre 98 models where the intake was, so I might just pick up that part at the junkyard and forget about the block off panel all together.

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm View Post
          Yeah, I was wondering if they came stock on 98+ cars so I could go pick it up for like $3 at the junkyard. I'm thinking that 98'+ lower driver side bumper panel does not have vents in it like the pre 98 models where the intake was, so I might just pick up that part at the junkyard and forget about the block off panel all together.
          No, the 98+ don't come with it. The fuse boxes just cover it up.
          <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X