Installing a V8 Exhaust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a V8 Exhaust.

One of my friends wanted to install a V8 Camaro Aftermarket Exhaust on his 2000 V6 Camaro. He asked me if I knew about the install onto a V6 but I told him I only knew a couple things. I knew that I had read on here that he had to get V8 hangers. But I am not really 100% if I understand this. Do the location of these hangers have to be changed. And by that I mean do you to remove the old stock hangers by cutting them off somehow. And then get the new hangers welded in place? Or do you only have to weld on a couple new ones into different positions. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah and if any of you are wondering what exhaust he is thinking a purchasing its the Bassani Cat Back Exhaust - BX Performance 4x8 Muffler w/ Two 3 inch Louvered Cores. Here is the link if any of you guys want to check it out. http://www.andysautosport.com/pontia...s00063865.html

Erik

Re: Installing a V8 Exhaust.

If you use the V8 exhaust for the same year car the hangers are correct.
    sigpic

Comment

i have heard two different sides.. the hangers are the same, and they are different

not sure which is correct, but i would like to say, the v8 exhaust is the best way to go with our cars.. it gives the extra flow without the ricer sound.

i personally have the stock y87 exhaust that i bought off of a forum member

Comment

ewww, be careful ordering from andysautosport. I personally wouldn't recommend them. They screwed me over bigtime.

Hangers should be fine. I have an LT1 Borla and the fitment is fine. The tips could probably be raised a little though... just never did it.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Cool thanks for your help guys!

Erik

Comment

Oh yeah and Shirl how come you wouldn't recommend ordering from Andys Auto Sport? And how did they screw you over? Did they give you a scratched up exhaust? Kinked? Wrong Product? Missing Pieces

Comment

Anybody else have anymore input into my question?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X