CAT Delete but keep piping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAT Delete but keep piping?

Hey guys i got a 2001 camaro I want to do a cat delet but then Replace the CAT with some Pipe Will this make any diffrence in nosie or proformance???

Re: CAT Delete but keep piping?

it will increase performance but you will need to either get an o2 sim or tune out the o2 sensor thats after the cat because it will throw the sensor off and cause a check light to come on. or you could do it and just leave the light on. but yes, it will increase both performance and exhaust tone will become a lil deeper but may casue a lil more rasp.

Comment

ok cool i dont mind the rasp because until i get a v8 there is nothing i can do lol

Comment

i don't have a cat and learned to deal with the light being on. also i have pacesetters and magnaflow without the cat and i really dont get much for rasp until about 4k....

Comment

Did you notice any gain or loudness?

Comment

If you run a Summit Turbo muffler you won't have any rasp, I have a VS cam , RK sport headers, 3" piping all the way to a 3" cutout (closed currently) and to a 3" in and 3'" out, Summit Turbo muffler with a 3" turn down on the drivers side. No rasp and I shift at 6000 rpms. One might here it chirp 2nd and 3rd gear , but thats about it.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i did it all at once so the i didn't have anything to compare it to except for the stock exhaust so yeah.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X