I want it louder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want it louder!

So im happy with the way my car sounds but i want it louder. I have it dumping right out my cutout post cat. Would gutting the cat really increase the volume? anything else i can do?
    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
    sigpic

Re: I want it louder!

gutting the cat, although illegal will make it a bit louder

you will also need an o2 sim

Comment

i only have 2 o2's , on my headers. I dont think i have to worry about that
      1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
      Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
      sigpic

Comment

yeah it's a 3.4 so no o2's before or after the cat, theres only 2 on the exhaust manifolds.

you can't possibly want it louder man! i know how that cam sounds and its mean.

i've got headers, catco cat, and a flowmaster catback, its pretty darn loud right there. i can't wait to hear it when i put my cam in.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
          yeah it's a 3.4 so no o2's before or after the cat, theres only 2 on the exhaust manifolds.

you can't possibly want it louder man! i know how that cam sounds and its mean.

i've got headers, catco cat, and a flowmaster catback, its pretty darn loud right there. i can't wait to hear it when i put my cam in.
          oh your gona love it!
          maybe im just imune to the noise its making, but it doesn't seem that loud anymore
          1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
          sigpic

Comment

Gutting the cat will make it louder....

but not going to lie, I had a cutout before my CAT on my 3.4L, it actually slowed my car down. The sound was WAY to loud, I mean not hear yourself think loud, because it was so far forward. Not being a "fuddy duddy" but not sure anyone coudl handle that as there permanent exhaust setup.

I will tell you though, open Y-pipe, my 3.4 was slow. Cutout before the cat made my car slower.

My car was fastest, with open y-pipe and some cheap $15 "thrush" muffler bolted onto it. Sounded "ricier" but car hauled the most then.

I later put the cutou on, and I ran better with the cutout "2/3" on. The cutout has 3 bolts, I would unbolt it, then have it hang off to the side, and only bolted on in 2 bolts, so the cap covered ~1/3rd the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
              Gutting the cat will make it louder....

but not going to lie, I had a cutout before my CAT on my 3.4L, it actually slowed my car down. The sound was WAY to loud, I mean not hear yourself think loud, because it was so far forward. Not being a "fuddy duddy" but not sure anyone coudl handle that as there permanent exhaust setup.

I will tell you though, open Y-pipe, my 3.4 was slow. Cutout before the cat made my car slower.

My car was fastest, with open y-pipe and some cheap $15 "thrush" muffler bolted onto it. Sounded "ricier" but car hauled the most then.

I later put the cutout on, and I ran better with the cutout "2/3" on. The cutout has 3 bolts, I would unbolt it, then have it hang off to the side, and only bolted on in 2 bolts, so the cap covered ~1/3rd the exhaust.
              yea i know what u mean, I drove with open headers to the exhaust shop to have it welded up. I even have a vid on youtube with the open headers.
              1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
              sigpic

Comment

how can you want it any louder? you have it dumped after like 2 feet of piping with no muffler?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                  how can you want it any louder? you have it dumped after like 2 feet of piping with no muffler?
                  haha, headers to ypipe, cat and the cutout is under the rear pass side seat. So i guess your saying its asloud as its gona get. I guess i should ealize th elimits of a v6. I pulled into walmart(only think i ever get there is oil - always the cheapest mobile1) and a ls1 with some obvious internal work and exhaust just sounded like Armageddon! He was a complete tool but the car sounded badass at idle. Im not by anymeans looking to sound like an 8, I love how my car sounds at idle and would just like it louder.

r true duals any louder? - lets not get into the whole its not work it argument - is it louder than a ypipe exhaust?
                  1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
                  sigpic

Comment

i guess if you want it louder you could just cut off the piping after your cutout. With a cutout not all of the exhaust makes it through the cut out, some of it is forced thru the rest of your exhaust

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

PS, when you say after the CAT, do you mean under the back seat? There is a night and day differnence between an open exhaust behind the driver and before the driver. I am talking from "its kind of loud, but not rediculous" to "WHAT THE **** I NEED EARPLUGS"

it also reeeeeeeeaaaaaally sucks on the highway, the drone makes you want to kill yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
                        PS, when you say after the CAT, do you mean under the back seat? There is a night and day differnence between an open exhaust behind the driver and before the driver. I am talking from "its kind of loud, but not rediculous" to "WHAT THE **** I NEED EARPLUGS"

it also reeeeeeeeaaaaaally sucks on the highway, the drone makes you want to kill yourself.
                        yep, if you put the cut-out directly after your cat, it'd be louder inside and outside the car. right now im sure its loud, my pacesetter/rumbler is loud, but its not that loud inside the car. but if the exhuast ends infront of you, your right under you its going to be a good bit louder inside, which seems to be what your going for.

my car is equally as loud as my buddys ls1 with LT's, off-road Y pipe and a cutout before the magnaflow muffler ( sam spot you have yours ) and my car's revs are just as loud, his is a tad bit louder at WOT at 5000rpms but other than that they're the same. but his is louder inside than mine,becuase my noise goes out the back,his dumps down before the rear axle.

where the exhuast exits has alot to do with it.
                        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X